With COVID still a big concern, you may be wondering how you could have fun on our favorite spooky holiday – Halloween! Well here are 9 easy DIY crafts you can do at the last minute with your friends or family at a safe distance!
And who knows? Maybe you can reuse your crafts next year too!
Candy haunted house
Chocolate cookie dough, icing, mini Oreo cookies,candy corn, graham cereal, wafer cookies, chocolate or licorice Twizzlers, M&M's, chocolate Milano cookies, mellowcreme pumpkins, green shoelace licorice, and candy eyeballs (optional).
1. Download structure templates
2. Cook chocolate cookie dough into sheets you can cut to fit templates
3. Glue walls and roof together with icing
4. Glue roof shingles, windows, door, and balcony railing on with icing
5. Pipe windowpanes and windows on with icing
6. Cut and arrange wafers for stairs
7. Cut and arrange Twizzlers into a tree formation (you can use wire inside to hold shapes)
8. Arrange M&M's for flooring
9. Decorate with candy pumpkins, green licorice, icing decorations, and candy eyeballs
Mason jar luminaries
Glass jars, acrylic paint, paintbrush, black paint or black Sharpie marker, tealights, clear acrylic sealer, and pattern templates (optional).
1. Paint the glass a base color and let dry for about 2 hours
2. Paint or draw pattern in black (paint or Sharpie) and let dry for 1-2 hours
3. Apply clear acrylic sealer over the whole thing and let dry for 1-2 hours
4. Put a tealight in the bottom and light it up and enjoy!
Large colored mug, colored Sharpies, rubbing alcohol, q-tips, baby wipes, and pattern templates (optional)
1. Clean oils off the mug
2. Start drawing pattern on the mug
3. Let the ink dry for 24 hours
4. Set mug in oven for 30 minutes at 425 degrees
5. Wash the mug and let dry then enjoy!
Painted pumpkinswhite and black fruit decors Photo by Drew Hays on Unsplash
Any sized pumpkins, paintbrush, colored paint (acrylic would be best), and pattern template (optional).
1. Wipe the pumpkin clean
2. Draw or place pattern on pumpkin
3. Paint the pattern and let dry for 1-2 hours
4. Set out for decoration and enjoy!
Colored felt, colored threads, and pattern template (optional).
1. Cut out felt into pattern shapes
2. Sew pieces together and leave 1-2 inches between each pattern
3. Tie ends in a knot
4. Hang and enjoy!
Popsicle stick door hangers
Popsicle sticks, colored paint, pipe cleaners, glue, construction paper, and pattern template (optional).
1. Paint the popsicle sticks and let dry for 1-2 hours
2. Glue sticks together into a square or rectangle
3. Glue diagonal sticks across the back for support
4. Draw or paint patterns on the front and let dry for 1-2 hours
5. Glue pipe cleaner on the back in a U shape to form a hanger
6. Decorate and enjoy!
Pumpkin stress ball
Colored balloons, black or colored Sharpies, and rice.
1. Fill balloons with rice until the desired size and tie end closed
2. Draw pattern on the balloon
3. Destress and relax!
Toilet paper roll ghouls
Empty toilet paper rolls, colored paint, colored construction paint, glue, googly eyes, colored Sharpies, and pattern template (optional).
1. Paint the toilet paper roll and let dry for 1-2 hours
2. Cut out patterns from construction paper and glue them on the roll OR draw patterns on with Sharpies
3. Glue googly eyes on roll if needed
4. Set out for decoration!
Bleached Halloween napkins
Colored napkins and bleach pen.
1. On a clean napkin, draw Halloween patterns with a bleach pen
2. Let the bleach dry for about 2 hours or until it turns white
3. Rinse and dry the napkins
4. Use! Use! Use!