7 Awesomely Diverse Podcasts To Fill Your Quiet Evenings

Uncover secrets about aliens.

962

While doing homework, walking the busy streets on campus, putting makeup on, taking makeup off, dressing up, and doing absolutely nothing, I love to listen to podcasts. Whether they are educational, comedic, silly, odd, or scary, the podcasts on Spotify have been a lifesaver for both those busy days and the do-nothing-all-day kind of days.

Here are seven of my favorites:

1. "Dirty John"

Los Angeles Times

This intriguing podcast focuses on seduction and deception and sweeps through themes of love, family, trust, and death.

2. "Guys We F****D"

Krystyna Hutchinson and Corrinne Fisher

Simply a hilarious anti-slut shaming podcast! These two female comedians discuss their sex lives without any guilt and shame as they invite ex-lovers to join in on the conversation. From blowjobs to favorite positions to awkward finales, these women will keep you wanting more.

3. Beautiful Stories From Anonymous People"

Chris Gethard

Every individual has a unique story to share, and, hopefully, you have an open mind (and free ears) to listen.

4. "The Heart"

Kaitlin Prest and Radiotopia

Questioning the undefinable--love. This podcast covers the popular themes of feelings, intimacy, and admiration.

5. "The Daily"

The New York Times

This is your classic news podcast. Hosted by New York Times author Michael Barbaro, these 20-minute episodes will provide you with the essentials of the current world.

6. "Stuff They Don't Want You To Know"

How Stuff Works

This podcast uncovers secrets about aliens, history, propaganda, anomalies in the government, and more.

7. "Pod Save America"

Crooked Media

This political podcast is hosted by four former aides of President Obama: Jon Favreau, Daniel Pfeiffer, Jon Lovett, and Tommy Vietor. Listen in to hear commentary on Trump's presidency.