disney world birthday party

I got to go anywhere for my 20th birthday, and I chose Disney World

No matter how old you are, Disney is the happiest place in the world.

125
girl at disney world
Alex Camerlengo

So I know what you're thinking, why would you choose Disney World to celebrate your 20th birthday out of all the other places in the world? Well, Disney has been apart of me for as long as I can remember. My first trip to the Happiest Place in the World was when I was just two years old. I don't remember anything from that trip, but I must have enjoyed it a lot to go every year since then. Yes, I have gone to Disney almost every year since I was two years old. There is something so magical and spectacular about being there. Every time I enter the Magic Kingdom I cry, and every time I leave I cry.

Here is why Disney has such a big piece of my heart.

1. The Magic

Sorcerer's Hat

Alex Camerlengo

I thought Mickey's Sorcerer hat was fitting for 'The Magic'. But seriously, Disney is such a magical place to be. Once you are inside the park, and drive under the infamous Walt Disney World sign, all your worries get stripped away. The only thing you can think about is how excited you are to see the castle and eat the wonderfully delicious food. Where else in the world can you meet princesses and take pictures with Mickey Mouse? Nowhere. I cry every time I go to Disney, not because it makes me sad, but because I love it so very much.

2. It Makes You Feel Like A Kid Again

Brunette Cinderella

Alex Camerlengo

Disney brings out the inner child in us all, it doesn't matter if you are 20 and 85. Maybe it's because you are surrounded by little kids while waiting in line for Dumbo's Flight or dressing up as your favorite character while inside the parks. It is such a fun place that brings out the best in every one. I am so excited to go in July, I have a countdown made. There is one month and fifteen days until I leave by the way.

3. It Is A Tradition

My mom and I

Alex Camerlengo

My mom and I are Disney fanatics. We have the restaurants we like to go to, the rides we get fast passes for, and the places we like to stay. In January, I went to Disney with two of my friends for the weekend, and I called my mom crying because she wasn't there with me. I had so much fun, but I wanted to my mom to be there with me because we love going together. I hope when I am 40 and my mom is 68 that we can still enjoy going to Disney together and then I can carry the tradition on with my kids.

4. It Revolves Around My Life

17th Birthday

Alex Camerlengo

This was my 17th birthday, and yes- I had a Peter Pan cake. I am going to be a junior in college and my bathroom is decorated in Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Once you get hooked to Disney, you are stuck forever. I am not saying at all that it is a bad thing, I would not want to have it any other way. It keeps the child alive in me and makes me feel little again. Why would I let go of that?

5. The Appreciation

Disney Selfie

Alex Camerlengo

When i was younger and went to Disney, I appreciated getting the autographs and meeting all the characters. As I grew up, it was all about the rides and riding Rockin' Rollercoaster 17 times in a row. Now, I appreciate the attention to detail that goes in to the parks and the food. I think I was more excited that I got a reservation at Be Our Guest than I was for anything else in my life. Disney does such a good job at appealing to all ages and I just appreciate that so much. That is why people of all ages from all over the world want to go to Disney World.

6. The Influence It Has Had On My Life

Captain Hook

Alex Camerlengo

Growing up, I watched every Disney movie under the moon. Peter Pan taught me to never grow up and hold onto your childhood memories for as long as you can. The Lion King taught me to never forget where I come from and family is everything. Beauty and Beast taught me to never judge a book by its cover- what is on the inside is what truly matters most. Disney has taught me so many life lessons that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

7. It's Disney World!!!

Rock On

Alex Camerlengo

The main reason why I chose to go to Disney for my 20th birthday is that it is Disney World. It is the place that makes me the happiest and makes magic comes to life. Everything about Disney makes me smile from ear to ear and I hope that everyone can experience at least once in their lifetime so they can experience the magic too.