Star Wars Land opening at Disney

Disney Parks To Open 'Star Wars Land' In The Upcoming Year

Coming to a Galaxy near you.

49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAtLV26wnCE

There are few Disney franchises as iconic and beloved as the Star Wars Universe. The unforgettable characters, iconic movies, and exciting rides have made these movies popular with people of all ages. With millions of fans across the world, many have wondered when the entertainment conglomerate would incorporate Star Wars into their Disney parks more.

Well, it's finally here! Recently, Disney has announced they plan to open Star Wars land Galaxy's Edge next year, in both Disneyland Park in Anaheim and Disney World Park in Orlando. Fans are pumped and for good reason.

media2.giphy.com

In addition to new rides and an entire landscape designed after the Star Wars Universe, the Park is going to also have an immersive Star Wars Hotel, complete with fine dining and designed to look like a high-class Starship.

Two of the rides expected to be in the new addition to Disney Parks were announced at a recent event at Walt Disney World Resort. The first attraction was revealed to be the "Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run," a ride in which riders are able to embark on an adventure on the infamous Millennium Falcon with Han Solo and Chewbacca. According to sources, guests are able to work as one of the three different roles on the ship, completing a secret mission with the characters.

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run Coming to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge youtu.be

The second attraction was announced as "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance." This ride takes aim at the more modern installments of the Star Wars franchise. The ride places guests in the middle of a battle between the Resistance fighters and the First Order. The high stakes circumstances are sure to thrill riders!

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Coming to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge youtu.be

As if to make things even better, the Star Wars land attractions will have theme music and songs orchestrated by the original Star Wars composer, John Williams. The work of this iconic artist seems to be the cherry on top of an already perfect sundae! The park itself is expected to cover over 14 acres at each location, so guests can expect there to be plenty of new rides to experience.

Among the rides, music, and luxury hotel, the park is going to host opportunities for guests to battle enemies such as the Sith, stormtroopers, droids, and First Order operatives, much like guests get to do in Disneyland's "Tomorrowland." Much to the joy of older guests, the park will feature Oga's Cantina, the first such location to sell alcoholic drinks in Disneyland Parks. All of these things and more are designed to indulge visitors into a completely immersive experience at the Park.

For a long time, Disneyland has featured Star Wars themed attractions and rides in the its "Tomorrowland," but now with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opening soon, both Disney-lovers and Star Wars fans have something incredible to look forward to in the next year!