Disney+ Movies To Watch This Weekend

Disney+ Movies To Watch This Weekend

Grab your popcorn and relax for these fun-filled shows.

19
Disney+ Movies To Watch This Weekend
Ralph Breaks the Internet

Disney+ has gained popularity the past few months from streaming action Marvel movies to comedic Pixar films. The app itself has teamed up with Hulu and ESPN to create a bundle package for its users. Who wouldn't want to watch sports, Hulu originals, and Disney princess movies for only $12.99 a month?

Alongside of the great price for watching family-friendly shows, the streaming app offers a variety of fun movies perfect for any party. Here are some of the best movies on Disney+ to watch with your Mickey Mouse fans, Radio Disney listeners, or by yourself.

1) Onward

Onward is a Disney and Pixar movie about two brothers trying to connect with their father. While they have magic on their side, along with a minivan they have an issue. They can only see half of their father, literally half. The duo will go onto a journey in hopes of bringing the rest of him into their world for 24 hours. On the way, they will face challenges that may either strengthen them or hurt their relationship with one another. This is the perfect movie for anyone who is not into the musical and dancing numbers in other Disney films. Also, did I mention the brothers are voiced by Tom Holland and Chris Pratt?

2) The One and Only Ivan

This movie is inspired by the best selling book written by K. A. Applegate. The movie is about the gorilla named Ivan and his experience in a circus mall. The crowd loved him alongside his ferocious roar. While he may seem scary on the outside, the animal had a soft side for art. One day he loses the attention of the crowd as a new animal arrives. Ruby, was an adorable baby elephant with big sparkly eyes. The audience would tilt their head in awe as she strutted alongside them. While the people loved Ruby, Ivan did not. But Ivan begins to realize what his true talent is, alongside his true friends. If you plan on watching this movie make sure to read the book first, you will not regret it.

3) Zapped

The Disney original movie, Zapped, is about all about the life of Zoey Stevens. While she may seem like your typical highschooler with snazzy hightop shoes and a passion for dance, that is not the case. Zoey lives with four boys and her mother. While they are all family, it can be difficult living with boys. Yet the four guys she has to live with are not her only struggle. At school, she has to deal with different groups of men that sometimes make her shake her head. Which let us all be honest here, some guys have made us do the same. Yet with one accident of dropping her phone, she may have control over them all with one app. This is the perfect comedy for any girls having a sleepover with their friends. Plus the Zendaya plays the character Zoey in this film.

4) Guardians of the Galaxy

You have heard of the Avengers who save this nation from harm, but have you heard of The Guardians of the Galaxy? This superhero group of misfits protects the planets from dangerous threats while making witty comments. The team consists of Star-Lord, leader of the team, that has a crush on Gamora. Gamora is the strong female on the team with a troubling past. The other members on the team are Rocket, Groot, and Drax. This movie does involve inappropriate language, so parents please be advised.

5) Phineas and Ferb The Movie Candace Against The Universe

"There's 104 days of summer vacation". The six words that bring back memories from our childhood of binge-watching the show, Phineas and Ferb. While the show did come to a close in 2015, the creators decided to surprise everyone by getting the gang back together. Yet this movie is not about the boys creating a roller coaster, but Candace getting sent to space. This reboot has the same voice actors as the series, alongside comedic moments. The great thing about this new movie is the musical numbers, alongside of Perry the Platypus on a mission. Grab your favorite snack, to watch this movie. Don't worry Phineas and Ferb did not make a title sequence this time.