This Mac And Cheese Recipe From Epcot Will Bring Some Disney Magic To A Cheesy Gooey Bowl Near You

Epcot's mac and cheese recipe is OUT!

2859

More likely than not, you probably aren't at Disney World right now. Classes have started, and we are in a global pandemic. However, Disney has answered our prayers from some recipes from the park while we are all missing out on better times. This week, Disney's blog came out with their recipe for EPCOT's Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese with Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese topped with Herbed Panko!

If there's anything I could use these days, a solid bowl of mac and cheese is definitely one of them. I mean, just LOOK at that bowl, wow. Once this pandemic gets under control, remind me to go on a food tour at Disney soon.

Without further ado here is the recipe straight from Disney themselves:

From Mac & Cheese Hosted by Boursin® Cheese (World Showplace)

Serves 6-8

Ingredients

Toasted Panko:

• 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup panko
  • Coarse salt, to taste

Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese:

• 1 (16 ounces) box cavatappi pasta or elbow macaroni
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 8 cups whole milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon mustard powder
  • 1/2 pound white cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 pound yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 3 (5.2-ounce) Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheels, divided
  • Coarse salt, to taste
  • White pepper, to taste

Directions

For Toasted Panko:

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add panko and stir until combined. Toast in the pan for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat; salt to taste. Set aside.

For Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese:

1. Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain well. Set aside, keeping warm.
  2. Melt butter in 5-quart saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until a blonde roux, approximately 4 minutes.
  3. Add milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard powder and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
  4. Fold in both shredded cheddar cheeses and two Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheels. Blend with immersion blender until cheese has melted and smooth.
  5. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
  6. Add hot, cooked pasta with cheese sauce and mix until combined and divide evenly into 6-8 bowls.
  7. Cut the remaining Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheel into 6-8 pieces or crumble into a small dish.
  8. Top Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese with toasted panko and Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese pieces or crumbles.
  9. Serve immediately.

Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe!