7 Disney Movies That Deserve More Love

These 7 Disney Movies Clearly Deserve More Appreciation

Would it kill you to give us some merchandise, Disney?

188
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zab53lqpH7w

I LOVE Disney. I have loved watching any and all Disney movies since I can remember. My cousins and I would sit around in my basement and watch as many Disney movies as our Mom-Mom would allow in one day. We'd sing along to all the songs, and I can honestly say it has had a very significant impact in my life especially because I'm a music education major! However, not all Disney movies out there get the love they deserve. Here's my list of the top 7 most under-appreciated movies out there.

1. "Hercules" (1997)

First of all, Hercules has one of the best soundtracks of any movie or musical ever created. Second, the jokes in this movie are so cute and clever. The muses are amazing and hilarious. This is in my top 3 Disney movies of all time, and honestly, it deserves more appreciation from not only the masses, but the company itself. Is it too much to ask for a little bit of Hercules merchandise, Disney?

2. "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" (1996)

Okay, maybe this one is a little bit dark (priest in love with a gypsy and tries to have her killed for it, slut shaming, a deaf, hunchbacked child's mother being murdered while she held him, etc.). But honestly, the soundtrack to this movie is incredible. Esmerelda is a beautiful, brave, outspoken woman who always stands up for what she believes in and embraces her sexuality, so I would say she's a great example for any young girl.

3. "Pocahontas" (1995)

Sure, this movie romanticizes imperialism, but once again, the soundtrack is full of bangers (Colors of the Wind, anyone?) It's also one of the most aesthetically pleasing color schemes in any Disney movie, in my opinion.

4. "The Emperor's New Groove" (2000)

This movie is so great for so many reasons. It's absolutely hilarious. The characters develop through the film, as expected for any Disney movie, but you see them implement changes that will last them long term. Kronk and Yzma are hilarious and an iconic villain duo.

5. "Meet the Robinsons" (2007)

This is one of the cutest movies I've ever seen. It's smart, funny, and brave. It tells the story of a boy named Lewis, an orphan who thinks he is never going to get adopted, mostly because he's crazy smart and no one seems to appreciate his inventions. Then, this kid comes to the science fair he's at to take him into the future. It's so good.

6. "Tarzan" (1999)

Tarzan is a little weird, sure, and it has the classic twist of "parents die in the first 6 minutes of the movie," but it's still vastly under appreciated. The soundtrack? Incredible. Thank you, Phil Collins. The movie itself is so cute. The animals are adorable, lovable and, at times, annoying. It attacks people that are poaching and hunting in the jungles of the world, rather than observing and appreciating nature. It's the movie we needed but didn't deserve.

7. "Mulan" (1998)

Mulan is one of those movies everyone has seen once when they were like seven years old and they never watched it again. This movie is so iconic, yet there are so few people that would see that Mulan was on TV and choose to watch it. The soundtrack? Amazing. Lea Salonga? Incredible. Eddie Murphy as a talking dragon? Hilarious. This movie has it all and still get too little love.

We're not asking for much, Disney. Maybe just a t-shirt?