A List Of Disney Channel Original Movies Kids These Days Need To See

Time for a throwback marathon.

106
YouTube

I am sure all 90's kids can agree with me when I say Disney Channel original movies these days are not even close to as amazing as they once were when we were younger. Sure, Disney brings back "Halloweentown" and all of its sequels every October and they show movies like "High School Musical" (and it's sequels) again every once in a blue moon, but it is about time that they brought back more of the originals. Kids these days have no idea what they are missing. So, Disney, I think it's time for a throwback showing off all the greats. If you need help deciding on which movies to use I have made a list of the best below.

1. "Pixel Perfect"

Using technology designed by his father, Roscoe creates a holographic lead singer that is "perfect" for his friend Samantha’s band. But then things start to go awry.

2. "The Cheetah Girls" (and of course the sequel)

Four teens aim to take the world by storm with their music.

3. "Go Figure"

In order to be coached by famous Russian figure skating coach Natasha Goberman, Katelin must join the hockey team so she can receive a scholarship to the elite private school.

4. "The Luck of the Irish"

After finding out he’s a leprechaun, Kyle must battle for a gold charm to keep his family from being controlled by an evil leprechaun.

5. "Stuck in the Suburbs"

Teenager Brittany is bored with her quiet suburban life. She finds excitement when her phone is switched with the phone of Jordan Cahill, the top teen pop singer who has come to her town to make a music video. Natasha, Brittany's best friend convinces Brittany that it would be fun to mess with Jordan and change his image, so they start using his phone to their advantage.

6. "Eddie's Million Dollar Cook Off"

Eddie loves baseball. His dad is even the coach and his best friends are his teammates. But will he "strike out" with them if he trades his glove for an oven mitt?

7. "Gotta Kick It Up!"

With no one to coach the school dance team, new teacher Ms. Bartlett agrees to take over and help whip this group of misfits into winners. Si Se Puede!

8. "Twitches" (and "Twitches Too")

Magical twin sisters are separated at birth by their protectors, Karsh and Ileana, when the Darkness attacks their homeland of Coventry and kills the twins' father through a war that is going on. When the twins finally meet on their 21st birthday they must use their powers to save the world in which they were born, where their birth mother still lives.

9. "Smart House"

After Ben wins a fully automated dream house in a competition, the house, Pat, starts to develop a mind of its own and things start to take a turn for the worst.

10. "Get A Clue"

When their teacher goes missing, fashion guru Lexy and her rich friends join forces with Lexy's rival from the school newspaper, Jack, to find out what happened.

11. "The Even Stevens Movie"

The Stevens are led to believe that they’ve won a dream vacation to an island in the middle of the Pacific. Little do they know, they’re being watched by the whole world on a secret hidden camera show!

12. "Up, Up, and Away"

Scott Marshall comes from a family of superheroes. Being the only normal member of a super-powered family Scott feels left out and confused until he has the chance to use a talent of his own to save everyone.

13. "Miracle in Lane 2"

Based on the true story of Justin Yoder, a boy born with spina bifida and hydrocephalus. The 13-year-old boy who is confined to a wheelchair is determined to win a trophy like his athletic older brother.

14. "Johnny Tsunami"

Due to a job transfer, Johnny Kapahaala’s father moves the family from sunny Hawaii to snowy Vermont. Johnny must then take his surfing skills to the slopes in order to beat his rival Brett in a face-off.

15. "The Color of Friendship"

A white South African girl finds herself in a difficult situation when she is sent to spend a term with a black family in America. "If you’re from Africa, why are you white?"

16. "The Thirteenth Year"

Every family has their share of secrets, right? After growing scales on his thirteenth birthday, Cody discovers that his birth mother is a mermaid. Who knew becoming a teenager could be so complicated?

17. "My Date With The President's Daughter"

Duncan is an average teenager in search of a date to his school's spring dance. At the mall with his friends, he meets a girl named Hallie who just happens to be the daughter of the President of the United States.

18. "Zenon" (Girl of the 21st Century, The Zequel, and Z3)

After getting in trouble once again, 13-year-old Zenon is sent to Earth and must adjust to her new surroundings.

19. "Motocrossed"

After her twin brother breaks his leg, Andrea secretly poses as him to win the big motocross race and falls for another racer in the process.

20. "Cadet Kelly"

Fashionista Kelly is horrified when she is forced to move to military school after her new stepfather becomes the Commandant of the school.

21. "Double Teamed"

Based on the lives of professional Basketball players Heidi and Heather Burge, this film tells the story of two high school twins who develop a love for basketball.

22. "Model Behavior"

Alex Burroughs is a shy, insecure teen girl who dreams of becoming a fashion designer and Janine is fed up with her manager mother making her life nothing but work. Through a strange coincidence, the girls meet and realize that they look identical to each other and Alex and Janine decide to swap places for a while.

23. "Quints"

Jamie’s used to getting all of her parents attention, so her world is turned upside down and changed forever when her mother announces she’s having quintuplets.

24. "Brink!"

Andy "Brink" Brinker and his in-line skating crew (the Soul-Skaters) clash with a group of sponsored skaters (Team X-Bladz). When Brink discovers his family is in financial trouble, he goes against the wishes of his parents and his friends and joins Team X-Bladz.