why do girls take so long to get ready
popular

7 Dilemmas All Girls Have When It Comes To Packing That Boys Don't Know About

The struggle girls go through in order to fit an entire wardrobe into a tiny bag.

949
girl with rolling suitcase
Max Pixel

Let's be honest, packing is always the most painful part about a vacation. Sure, the flight there could be bad depending on your seat arrangement, but packing a suitcase will always win. All girls can relate to this dilemma. How do boys do it? Us girls have an entire wardrobe of clothes to fit inside a tiny canvas bag.

And then we have to come face-to-face with the airline agent as we shamefully stand in front of the scale awaiting that unknown number.

Here is a "cheers" to all those vacations that us girls have successfully jammed full a suitcase in the spirit of looking cute for that perfect Instagram. However, let's now reminisce upon those struggling times we went through to get through that TSA security checkpoint.

Here are the top seven dilemmas every girl can relate to:

1. Packing 40 pairs of underwear for a 7-day trip (and sadly there is no exaggeration here)

For some unknown reason, we must always find it necessary to pack about five pairs of underwear for every day we are on vacation. Sure, we may not need them, but if I pee my pants every day four times a day…then I'm prepared.

2. Having to substitute your nice shampoo for the watered-down shampoo in the hotel

media.giphy.com

It's always a sad moment when you realize your hair will never be as silky smooth on vacation purely due to the fact that you packed too many pairs of shoes and no longer have room for your salon brand shampoo and conditioner.

3. Having enough clothes to come up with a week's worth of “Instagram chic” outfits

Am I the only one who stands in front of a closet full of clothes to repeatedly scream, "I HAVE NO CLOTHES"? I will never understand how girls have enough clothing to come up with an entire week's worth of trendy cute outfits that are all unique.

4. Praying (and possibly offering up a sacrifice) that your compact does not break during the flight

There is nothing worse than opening up your makeup bag after a plane ride to find your beloved compact crumbled. So, in preparation, you pull out the bubble wrap and cushion that baby until you can't see it anymore.

5. Fitting all your shoes in the tiny space left that your clothing isn’t occupying

After your outfits are all decided and packed, it comes time to squeeze in eight pairs of shoes. Now is the time to sit back and cry because how on earth is it possible to fit two pairs of shoes, one pair of flip-flops, two pairs of wedges and five pairs of sandals into the quarter of space left in your suitcase?

6. Calling in the forces (consisting of your entire family) to get your suitcase closed and zipped

After you played (and conquered) the best game of "Tetris" yet, it is time to get that baby zipped shut. You gather the family, and it becomes a new bonding experience where you all pile on top of a tiny rectangle and squish down until you almost break the zipper in order to get it closed.

7. Getting that (almost) 50-pound suitcase down the stairs and into the car

Now that you've done (what you thought was) the hard part of packing, it comes down to the time where you need to use the deteriorated muscle on your arms and lift all 50 pounds of packing and haul it down the (what seems like) 13 flights of stairs and into the trunk of the car.

All the stress that comes with packing is just another reason you need this vacation. Go relax, have fun and try not to think about how you'll have to pack everything back up at the end of it all... with the addition of any souvenirs you buy.