Since the last few years, the use of mobile has grown rapidly and has changed
the face of digital publishing. This has led to the development of several new
technologies designed to provide visitors faster, richer mobile experiences.
These contain things like Google's AMP (accelerated mobile pages) and PWAs
(progressive web applications). Here we will make clear about the difference
between AMP and PWA.
What is AMP?
Whatever contents you search in Google and interact with the result on mobile
devices you encounter AMP (accelerated mobile pages).
AMP means an open source structure developed by Google in alliance with
Twitter. Accelerated Mobile Pages make better, faster experiences on the
mobile. At its basic, the structure allows building easier and smooth experiences
for mobile by simplifying the HTML and following efficient CSS rules.
Over the years it has become the most important and powerful platform to provide
directly from the search result in light speed.
Function of AMP
1. AMP HTML - The AMP structure has inflexible rules for the HTML tags you
can use. To make sure fast page load, certain HTML components like
forms are not allowed on AMP. AMP structure also needs that you use an
efficient version of CSS.
2. AMP JS - To make sure fast page load on mobile platforms, AMP prevents
boosted with page load speeding up in mind. AMP JS provides a library
that is easy to implement the module. AMP JS create animations;
customized layout, and more using AMP's vast unit of the library.
3. AMP CND – It is famously known as AMP Cache, an analytic component
of the AMP platform is its envoy-based content provider network (CDN). The
CDN helps AMP content and caches it for the fast provider. By revert, the AMP
CDN caches all authentic AMP content and does not deliver an option to
AMP delivers reliably fast web components for the first load. These components are
much faster to load and fewer data consumers. Websites that use the combo of
AMP and Service Worker will provide reliable speed as of native apps. Once the
page is loaded the site setups the service worker and assets are cached
intelligently. This will always keep the PWA up to date thereby freeing the users
from the frequent updates to be done from the App Store.
What is PWA?
PWA (Progressive Web Apps) is one of the most discussed technology in the web
shifted recently and has gained unparalleled momentum among the practitioners
in the IT world. It's no wondering that PWA has made the farfetched dream of
installing web apps on phone for real.
Progressive Web App (PWA) is used to represent a new software
development methodology. Unlike old applications, progressive web apps
are a modified version of the regular website and mobile web. This
application attempts to combine features of most modern browsers with the
benefits of mobile experience.
Function of PWA
Authentic: speed loading and works offline
quick: effortless Animations, junk free scrolling and logical navigation even on
Engaging: organized from home screen and can receive a push notification.
Some of the basic differentiate of AMP and PWA.
1. Amp is Instant provider while PWA is having modified platform features
2. AMP is Optimized invention while PWA is highly dynamic
3. AMP uses No user scripts while PWA slower first provider
4. AMP is a Static unit while PWA is not easily fixed
- PWA + AMP = Easy for Users and Developers Alike (GDD Europe ... ›
- PWA vs AMP:- The Best to Choose? - Mobiloitte Blog ›
- What is the Difference between AMP and PWA - SamWebStudio ›
- Why developing a PWA using AMP might be right for you ›
- PWA vs AMP : Choosing the best for me? – codeburst ›
- What is the difference between AMP and PWA? - Quora ›
- AMP vs. PWAs: Which is Better AMP or Progressive Web Apps? ›
- PWA vs. AMP: Which is Better & How are They Different from Each ... ›
- What is the Difference Between AMP and PWA ›