Diary Of A Coffee Addict

Diary Of A Coffee Addict

My take on coffee.

19
Diary Of A Coffee Addict

Personally, I call myself a coffee snob. I've tried so many different roasts and flavors, but still I can' t find the one that I want to drink for the rest of my life. I've realized that I like iced coffee more than hot coffee and I know that I like skim milk with my cappuccinos and my espresso with a cookie. But still, no idea what my favorite is.

I think everyone needs a favourite coffee. One that they can order without a second thought and not regret their decision after the first sip. I usually don't even know what mood I'm in for that day and what to order.

I have narrowed down a bit of what kind of coffee I like. I don't like dark roast. I feel like it tastes like battery acid unless it's served with milk and sugar, which isn't something I take with my coffee. Why would you overpower the thing that is supposed to taste a certain way by making it taste completely different?

I also don't like decaf. Even though this might not be completely true, I don't think it tastes like coffee at all. That might be me just upset about the fact that there is no caffeine to accommodate it, but there are so many other options of non-caffeinated drinks which wouldn't be ruining perfectly good coffee beans.

I'm also not a fan of sweet foam on coffee. Again, it overpowers the taste of the bean and there's usually much more of the foam than there is coffee itself! Might as well just order a cup of foam with a dash of coffee because the ratio is nonexistent.

I don't want to bash on Starbucks because they do have some very good drinks and it's usually the easiest place when you want a cup of coffee, but it's made people into addicts. I don't mean actual coffee addicts who need six cups of coffee before it's even ten am, I mean the idea addicts, who get a cup of coffee that has six pounds of sugar and three gallons of milk in it and then they add whipped cream to the top, just to post a picture on social and throw away the half full cup.

I know it's not my place to comment because I drink coffee like my seventy nine year old grandfather, but if you're going to drink coffee, respect the bean.