Developing a Love of Learning

Developing a Love of Learning

How You Can Enjoy Learning for Life

336
Developing a Love of Learning
Wired.com

This past week I finished my online course for the summer and started another new semester at BYU-I. As much as I can’t wait to graduate, I love learning and I love the start of a new semester when I can learn new things. This has gotten me thinking about how I developed a love for learning. I didn’t always have it, and I really don’t feel like I nurtured my love for learning until college. I realized that if I enjoyed what I was learning I was able to pay better attention, study harder, and get better grades. With the classes that were harder or were about subjects I didn’t enjoy as much, I had to learn to love the process of learning rather than loving the subject, although if I studied hard enough that almost always followed.

So what are some ways we can develop a love for learning? There are a few simple ways to start, even if you are not a college student. One way is to utilize the technology we have. There are several podcasts available that are all about education. I subscribe to one that is a different history lesson each week. There are also apps on the app store that will allow you learn. I know of at least one app that lets you take courses off of it, and there are several language learning apps.

Another way to develop a love of learning is to find a subject you are passionate about and study hard in that field. I am an English Major and I love what I study; there is something to be said for being a well-read individual. I love what I learn about in my classes, so I study hard and learn a lot. Once you find a field of study that you enjoy, take classes at your local community college, online, or study on your own through books. I’ve learned so much just by personally studying subject matter in books.

I feel so blessed to be getting an education, and I plan to continue studying long after I’ve gotten my degree. I am grateful to be studying something I love, and I hope that this article has inspired someone to go out and learn and to develop a love of learning.