To The Friend I Was Destined To Meet In College

We've formed a bond that will last us a lifetime.

112

To My College Best Friend,

I think we were destined to meet. I know neither one of us are all that religious, but it feels like fate. Who knew that the East Carolina University roommate dating website could have done something so amazing. I remember finding your profile on there and just thinking, "this is my roommate". We talked for a month before finally meeting.

We've only had a few awkward moments between us. Once when we first met and were trying to gauge what kinds of people we were and once when we first moved in to try and figure out the new dynamic we were creating. Every other moment has been one of the greatest of my life. We laugh together. We cry together. We sing together. And we act like idiots together. It's a little weird how similar we are, but we've never questioned it.

We are the same, you and I. We subconsciously connect on a level that confuses all of the rest of our friends. We can have entire conversations in one look. We have hundreds of inside jokes already and we've known each other for less than a year. We've formed a bond that will last us a lifetime.

There are some things I want to share with you, and I'll try to be brief because it's mushy and heartfelt. Nyah, when I look at you I see a soul so brave and strong that nothing could possibly crush you. You have been through so much and for someone so young it pains me to see, but you carry that weight on your shoulders like a soldier going to war. You are the sweetest and kindest person I have ever had the good fortune of meeting and you make my days shine brighter by just being in my presence. I know the sky's look dark and dangerous, but you need to know that you can defeat the darkness. I hope you know that I will forever and always be by your side, whatever you need me to do, I'll do it no questions asked.

As I write this, sitting across the room from you, I don't see the broken girl you say you are. I see someone who has been hurt, and still hurts, pulling the pieces together and taking the world by storm. I see such strength and power just waiting to be unlocked. I see you, the real you. I see the little things that make you who you are. We've only known each other for a little over 6 months and I already feel like I've known you my whole life.

Thank you for being yourself and loving me completely. My heart is full of love for you and I will forever be a sister to you. You are my family now and as such I will always be here to protect you.

Forever and Always,

Paige