A Much Deserved Thank You for The Carroll News Part 2

Blessed to be a part of this amazing group!

690
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/28/636604806653824464-635022127_IMG_1528.jpg

A year ago, I wrote an Odyssey article entitled “A Much Deserved Thank You For The Carroll News.” At this time, I was just taking on my new role as Campus Editor, and I was still pretty shy and timid in the newsroom. The whole of my freshman year, I quietly sat and observed all the editors hard at work, and from time to time got to copy edit some of their pages. When I was given the opportunity to have the role of Campus Editor, I was elated and terrified, which made my first few issues very stressful but extremely fun.

Fast forward to today, a year later. I am currently serving as Editor-in-Chief at The Carroll News, a role I could only ever dream of having. I have had a year full of laughter and amazing memories as well as a year full of stress and tears of frustration, while serving as the Campus Editor.

Although I spent my column space writing about the seniors this week, I still feel that I didn’t express just how much I love them all, so I will continue my sappy rant here.

Seniors, you all have impacted my life so much. Every single week I knew that I could count on Tuesday nights to be filled with craziness and fun. I looked forward to joking with Op/Ed about how Campus was the best section, fighting with everyone about whose quotes should make the wall, laughing about our Minnesota memories and just getting to know each other.

There were weeks where the Campus section itself was a mess. There were weeks I was extremely overwhelmed because stories fell through or sources didn’t respond. There were weeks where I was writing three articles and I was super annoyed. There were weeks when I didn’t think Campus would ever make it through checks because it was 11 p.m., and I still had to write my articles and the Campus Briefs. It wasn’t smooth sailing, but the joy you all brought me really pushed me through those rough weeks.

The friends and the memories I made in the newsroom this past year have been unforgettable. The newsroom has become my home and the people in it my family.

Grateful is an understatement. I love you all, and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for all of you talented, passionate individuals. As I ended my column, I’ll end this article: Onward On!