Dorm-Friendly Dessert Recipes You're Sure To Love

Who says dorm life can't be sweet?

75

I love baking but it's a little difficult to do while I'm at school since I don't have an oven. For many college students their "kitchen" on campus consists of a mini fridge and a microwave. I tried out a bunch of microwave deserts and these were my favorites. Here are 13 recipes for yummy deserts that can be made just using a microwave!

1. Banana Bread in a mug

When I'm at school one of the things that I miss the most is my mom's cooking. My mom makes amazing banana bread and something about it just feels like home, not to mention it smells amazing. This recipe taste's super similar to my mom's and I can make it really quickly in my dorm. It's single serving size which is great because I never have storage space for leftovers.

2. Blueberry Muffin in a mug

While there are many delicious foods on campus, I have yet to find anywhere that has good muffins. The closest I've found is the prepackaged mini muffins in the c-store. While those are great in a pinch, they don't compare to a fresh and warm muffin made from scratch.

3. Chocolate Cake in a mug

When I'm studying for a test or working on an important paper sometimes I really just want something chocolate to eat. Running to the store off campus would take too long but so would making an entire cake. Mug cake is the perfect compromise because it only takes a few minutes to make and the finished product is delicious. For chocolate lovers: I'd recommend pairing it with #10 (Nutella hot sauce) for a chocolatey hazelnut treat!

4. Chocolate Chip Cookie in a mug

Chocolate chip cookies are a dime a dozen but finding a really good chocolate chip cookie is another story. Personally I love when chocolate chip cookies are warm and gooey, not too crispy. This recipe tastes like warm cookie dough that you can eat by the spoonful.

5. French Toast in a mug

I'm a huge sucker for french toast. I get it every time I got to IHOP or Carolina's diner. The Grille offers french toast on the weekends but its more of a toasted cinnamon bread than actually french toast. This recipe closely mimics authentic french toast without having to break out the skillet.

6. German Apple Pancake

Apple pastries are my favorite. Apple pie, apple fritters, apple turnovers... I could eat them all day long. This "pancake" is more of an apple upside down cake and it is absolutely delicious. The recipe says that you can make it with or without sugar. I tried it both ways and I definitely like it better with the sugar but it still tastes good without it!

7. Lemon Bars

If you're like me and don't have a zester just lying around at school don't worry this recipe still tastes delicious without the lemon zest. But if you really want that lemon zest a cheese grater can work as a zester in a pinch.

8. Microwave Berry Cobbler

There's something about berry cobbler that makes me feel like I've gone back in time to little house on the prairie. You can easily substitute strawberries for any kind of fruit you prefer. I love love love blackberry cobbler.

9. Microwave Fudge

Growing up I saw my mom make chocolate fudge in the microwave every year at christmas but it wasn't until this year that I actually learned how she does it. This recipe is so simple that even little kids can make it (with some supervision to make sure they don't lick the spoon). This recipe is made with nuts but if nuts aren't your thing you can easily replace them with candy. I personally love using peanut butter or crushed up candy canes.

10. Nutella Hot Sauce

As a kid I would quite literally eat Nutella by the spoonful. I would beg my mom to make me Nutella sandwiches for lunch. Needless to say I like Nutella a lot. This hot sauce goes with anything and everything (at least if you love Nutella as much as I do).

11. Oatmeal Cookie Dough mug cake

I know people can be a little skeptical when it comes to oatmeal because well it's oatmeal. If you can put aside any preconceived notions you have about oatmeal and give this a try I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. You can easily add chocolate or fruit or peanut butter to this recipe to add some more flavor to it.

12. Pumpkin Pie in a mug

I'm personally not a huge fan of pumpkin so I had my friend try this one and she said it tasted like thanksgiving in a mug.

13. Reese's Stuffed Peanut Butter Cake in a mug

Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. If you love Reese's peanut butter cups then you'll love this mug cake. It only takes minutes to make and even less time to devour.