Demi Lovato's 'Simply Complicated' Is Life Changing

Her documentary came out right when I needed inspiration and motivation.
65

If you haven't watched Demi Lovato's documentary, "Simply Complicated," on Youtube, you need to drop everything and watch it. If you aren't a fan or don't like Demi (how can you not, though?) you still need to watch it.

It tells a story of a struggling child, teen, and adult that anyone can relate to. It speaks about struggles with mental illness, stressors, and the pressures of life. Demi really opens her heart and soul in this one. She gives an intimate view on her life and admits that she isn't done recovering and never will be.

I, personally, can relate to never recovering and always battling with my anxiety. Anxiety is real. It's not just being nervous or shy. It's a feeling where you feel like you can't breathe and the more air you try to pull in, the more you suffocate.

Demi shed light on her own struggles with anxiety and depression while showing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Her documentary came out right when I needed inspiration and motivation. Demi always seems to be there when I need a role model to help show me the way. When I was bullied, she was there.

When I moved away from home, she was there. When I was sexually assaulted, she was there. When I started getting threats and felt guilt over so many things, she was there. "Simply Complicated" came when I needed someone to tell me to get back up and keep fighting my battles. When The darkness in my mind started to reach my heart.

Her strength and the power of her words gave me the will I needed to stop feeling sorry for myself and act. Continue to build on myself and who I am while learning more about myself and others.

"Simply Complicated" is moving, smart, and compelling because Demi shows us sides of her that resonate within us. At the end of the day, Demi is a woman who feels, thinks, and hurts...just like the rest of us.

Maybe that's why I love her so much. She isn't a celebrity or a superstar to me, but rather, she is a person who I respect and relate to. Demi is a person, just like me. I try to never forget that.