Demi Lovato Rehab

Demi Lovato Has Chosen To Go Back To Rehab

Following an overdose and hospitalization, Demi Lovato will be attending rehab once she gets out of the hospital.

204

On Tuesday, July 24th, 2018, Demi Lovato suffered from a drug overdose and was rushed immediately to a hospital in Los Angeles, California. She then had to spend several days in the hospital recovering her strength, but she will be released in a matter of days. Then, she will head directly to rehab in a different facility.

Demi has dealt with drug and alcohol addiction, bipolar disorder, bulimia, and self-harm throughout the majority of her life, but this does not make her weak. She has always been open about the struggles she has faced, which requires extraordinary amounts of bravery. She is not in denial about the hardships that she endures, either.

Demi "understands the severity of her overdose" and "has agreed to rehab and will go straight to an in-patient facility." This will not be her first time at a rehabilitation facility, as she was in rehab from October 2010 until January 2011, and she stayed at a sober house in 2013.

Her family, friends, and other loved ones encouraged her to get treatment, but Demi was ultimately the one who made the decision to go to rehab again. The choice was not forced on her, but rather a recommendation that she agreed to go through with.

It is currently unknown how long Demi will be seeking treatment for, or what facility she is staying at. Regardless of what happens, she will always have a strong support system consisting of family members, friends, fans, and those on her team. Demi Lovato is a warrior through thick and thin, and I believe I speak for millions when I say that I will always support her and have faith in her.

If you or someone you know is struggling with substance abuse or addiction, call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's 24-hour treatment referral hotline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit Findtreatment.samhsa.gov for free and confidential help. In the case of a medical emergency, call 911.