Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich Call It Quits Only After A Two Month Engagement

Demi Lovato just can't win. As of yesterday, Demi and Max Ehrich called off their engagement just shortly after the two announced their engagement to the world in July.

This isn't the first heartbreak Lovato has gone through. Fans and the internet has seen it all. From Joe Jonas to the six year rollercoaster with Wilmer Valderrama.

After all of that, we thought Demi hit the jackpot with 'The Young and the Restless' actor, Max Ehrich. The two quickly hit it off back in March and quarantined together since. They were inseparable and their relationship took off! Fans like myself watched Demi's Instagram story and just couldn't help but gush at how cute the two were.

So how could what seemed like a fairytale end up so abruptly?

Well...

A lot of speculation surrounded the couples split soon after Ehrich's past tweets and social media posts surfaced on Twitter. Many tweets and posts revealed Max's crushes on Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande and other female celebrities. One tweet even saying "...Selena Gomez and demi are cute together but boy if you think Demi is prettier, you're WRONG!"

Ouch.

Ehrich quickly deleted his Twitter account, making it impossible to verify the tweets now, but the screenshots are pretty convincing. Ehrich also made it known in the past to magazine interviews that he's always wanted to marry Selena Gomez.

Everyone has a past and yes everyone can change, but that had to hurt Demi a little.

Since then, Demi did put out a statement saying, "It's really sad when people FAKE images to put women against each other...If women have conflict that's between them NOT YOU." She then went on to say, "I understand and have compassion for those who are so horrified at the reality of 2020 that they gotta distract themselves with doctored images in order to not focus on how bad these times are—but on the other hand, if you aren't 13 years old trying to grasp the reality of right now, put on your adult underpants and write about what actually matters. Please."

Whether Demi really thought the posts were truly real or not, she defended and believed Max. So what went wrong?

We don't know what the ex-couple talked about leading up to this heartbreaking decision, but we've got to take this into account. I mean, it is pretty weird to know that your fiancé obsessed about your old best friend.

Keep on searching for love Demi, I'm rooting for you. I really am.