Demanding Respect

Demanding Respect

Girls rule, boys drool.

8
Demanding Respect

Girls have always been considered below boys on the totem pole. We are always weaker, stupider and just overall not good enough to compete with the boys.     

Well I am calling bullshit.  

I know plenty of girls, most importantly now women, who have achieved so much by themselves as women and are important people overall.   

I know my big who was on the executive board of the chapter of Delta Zeta and has constantly changed my life with each talk, and who cares about people more than anyone else I could ever know.  

I know my little who is compassionate and a hard worker. Studying to be a nurse to help people get better as they are at their lowest points.

I know my best friend who studies day and night to help make a difference in the world and who continually forgives people who have hurt her.   

I know my sisters who have dedicated their lives to philanthropy, and not only ours, but other organization's philanthropies as well, who just are wanting to make a difference in the world, through fundraising and community service. 

I’m not saying boys completely suck, but I am saying it is time for them to step aside and make room for the amazing women of the world. I know few, but I know there are many more.   

Women are compassionate, caring and are the ones to clean up the problems at the end of the day when everyone else has done nothing but create messes.   

The problem though is that a lot of women are finding that demanding respect is too much work and it is easier to get attention through degrading things such as taking nude photos or playing dumb.   

This is not the answer ladies. The men who respond to these types of actions are not men who are worth it. The men we need to be demanding respect from are the ones who want women with brains; who can run the company without him.  

It is time to step up and start being the women we truly are. We are empowered by our sisters, our mothers and our friends. Remember that you were put here for a reason, and you are capable of great things. We are amazing women, and together we should stand instead of tearing each other apart.   

I challenge all of you to not only better yourself, but better the women around you. Instead of calling that girl a bitch, ask her to get lunch and get to know her. Instead of questioning that girl's actions, get to know her and realize that she is more similar to you than you know, and inspire each other instead of destroying each other.