Delta Airlines Pit ban

This is a topic that really does get my blood boiling, Delta Airlines has now decided to ban "all pit bull type dogs" as emotional support animals on their flights. Not only is this an absolutely an abhorrent move on their part, it is a dangerous one as well. There are people who would otherwise need to down several Xanax in order to function daily, not to mention that people also may exclusively suffer from flight anxiety.

The ban seems to come from their claim that two of their employees were bitten by an ESA "pit bull type dog" therefore they are dangerous. I must disagree, that is the outcome of one situation with one dog, and it is crucial to remember that a policy such as this comes from fear and constant stereotypes. A Pitbull is one breed of dog (the American pit bull terrier) not an umbrella term as is often used, people tend to, and companies in this case group together any stocky, muscular dog with a big head as a Pitbull when they are not.

Not all dogs related to a pit bull terrier act violently, most don't actually.

Dallas prepare to attack with kissesMelissa Garcia

My dog Dallas is an American pit bull terrier and a Stratford terrier mix and let me tell you he is not at all scary! Did I mention he is MY emotional support dog! I am more likely to hurt you than he is, to tell the truth, so I am sick and tired of these beautiful animals being blamed for biting and hurting people, most people are judging these dogs on pure misconceptions and it is pathetic.

Delta banning dogs like my boy Dallas limits my ability to travel with him as I don't drive and cannot take him on a bus journey back to New York that totals around eleven hours each way. I am absolutely mortified with these uneducated fools spreading such hate for these animals when frankly I am more afraid of my best friends six-pound chihuahua then I would ever be of a pit bull.