7 Decor Pieces to Spruce Up Your Dorm This Semester

7 Decor Pieces To Spruce Up Your Dorm This Semester

New semester, new space.

123
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq586kLgNzV/

Throughout the semester you may have noticed small things around your dorm room that you wish you had left at home, or even that you had just placed somewhere else. Or, you're getting sick of seeing the same decor pieces every day like I am. This is the perfect time of year to give our rooms a mini-makeover and to improve our spaces for the upcoming semester. The best part about these seven items is that they can all be purchased on Target.com, and they are all fairly afforadable!

1. A letter board.

This specific letter board is unique because it's wood rather than the typical frame and velvet. You'll be able to display the lines of all your favorite vines!

2. Another throw pillow.

Simply because another throw pillow really can't hurt, and it's a great way to add more character to your room.

3. A cute candle.

Not that you're planning to light it in your dorm room or anything like that. Candles can add such a calming tone to a room, and it's even better if it's a cute one like this by Hearth and Hand.

4. A himalayan salt lamp.

Similar to candles, salt lamp add a soothing mood to your room. The only downside is that they are pretty heavy, and can be annoying to take home at the end of the semester.

5. A decorative lamp.

You may already have the typical Target lamp most college students own already, but swapping it out for a cute one like this allows the lamp to be more of a decor piece than an office supply piece.

6. A basket.

Baskets are a great way to conceal those moisturizers, deodorants, perfumes, and any other products you may have out in the open on your desk.

7. Garland.

Yes, Christmas is over - but winter isn't! Bringing a little bit of the outdoors into the living space is seeming to become more of a home design trend.

With break right around the corner, you probably finally have the time to plan out some redecorating ideas and to paruse Target or Urban Outfitters decor catalogs. Take advantage of the extra time and do something kind for yourself!