Decisions, Decisions

Decisions, Decisions

My decision to study abroad.

21
Decisions, Decisions

The decision to go abroad was difficult. For someone who has never been out of the States (except for that one time my Dad took a wrong turn and we somehow ended up in Mexico, but that doesn't really count) and has spent most of their time in Arizona, California, and Texas, this decision was one I had to really think about. No one in my family has ever been abroad or to Europe; I would be the first. Like I said, it was hard to decide to go; but, how could I pass up this amazing opportunity to spend three months in a different country? This fall, I will be spending the whole semester in Urbino, Italy through the College of Liberal and Fine Arts with the University of Texas at San Antonio!

When I was making my decision to fully commit to this program, I realized that there is hardly any information or testimony from students who have participated in this program anywhere. This got me to thinking, making this decision would have been a whole lot easier for me if I had my fellow students account for their time abroad. All of this thinking has lead me here, to writing this and committing to not only studying abroad in Italy for three months, but to providing weekly updates about my time there, my classes, the culture, and learning the language.

I hope with through these posts, I am able to encourage others to study abroad! In my next post, I am going to go over how I was able to fund my study abroad trip, what type of luggage I got, and my packing methods.

Arrivederci,

Mya