RIP Club Penguin

RIP Club Penguin

Alack, Club Penguin is dead...we knew this day had to come.

68
RIP Club Penguin
Slate

Sadly, our favorite childhood website has died.

On March 29th, 2017, clubpenguin.com was officially shut down. There is now an alternative: an application, Club Penguin Island, that you can get on your phone. We all know that that's not the same thing, however, us true fans will never settle for that.

We must face the sad reality that Club Penguin is dead. But that doesn't mean we can't still celebrate its past existence by recalling some amazing screenshots taken of the website. Here are some of my favorite ones:

Well that was unexpected. I guess he's not a penguin anymore, he's a kiwi! (Get it? They're both birds? Hahahaha....heh...hoo.)

TOO SOON.

Oh no. I'm not sure whether to be impressed or disappointed. Both?

I SEA what you did there... ;)

SAVAGE.

I don't see anything wrong with this one?

META.

A masterpiece. You could put that in a modern art museum. Seriously, though.

You probably should.

I think the best way to end this tribute is to put a picture that my lovely and talented friend drew on a whiteboard the day of Club Penguin's death:

Rest in peace, Club Penguin. You will be missed.

October 24, 2005 - March 29, 2017