Dear Jesus...

Dear Jesus...

On this very special day, I just want to say thank you.

13
Dear Jesus...

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for taking my place and saving me from myself.

I can’t begin to imagine how you felt, knowing You were to die in my place. I recognize there is nothing that could ever done for me to deserve the gift of the cross, yet you freely gave to all – even to those who hurt you the most. You loved them regardless – you’ve loved ME regardless – not only because it was the Father’s will, but because of your great compassion and abundant love.

Thank you for Your obedience, to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Even on the cross, in your immense, unbearable physical pain, You were concerned about us…you were outwardly focused. I never want to forget the weight of the cross.

Thank you for living the perfect life that I couldn’t.

I come to you with open arms and a heart that recognizes that I fall short daily. I confess these things and ask that you mold me to look more like You each and every day. And I thank you for the grace you freely give when I fail to do so, because of what you’ve done for me on the cross.

Thank you for rising again, 3 days later, and conquering sin and death!!!

How wonderful is the plan of our Great Father?!

Help me to remember and celebrate this truth daily and see the world with your eyes, in light of eternity. Be thou my vision, oh Lord of my heart.

Thank you for redefining my future.

You’re my breath and my life. You called me out of the darkness and into the marvelous light! You’ve given me an identity, a purpose, and a forever future with you.

I’m so thankful for Easter – a time to celebrate Your victory over death and truly recognize the gravity of your love and grace for us.

I pray that my life becomes a daily celebration of your resurrection, kneeling at the foot of the cross, proclaiming the Gospel, and reflecting Your love to those around me. And thank you for your loving grace and mercy when I fall short.

Thank you, Jesus. Because I don’t say it nearly enough.

Happy Easter!

“He is not here, He has risen.” – Mark 16:6