Hey VSCO Girls... Stop

Dear "VSCO" Girls, Put Down the Hydroflask And Scrunchies And Come Back To Reality

And I oop-

374
https://flic.kr/p/CbWvpi

See, I don't know about you, but, I first downloaded the app 'Tik Tok' as a joke, and now I'm addicted. Some of the videos posted on there are genuinely funny or some people just have insane talent. But then, you get to the 'other' side of VSCO and you're truly in for a treat.

The so-called "VSCO" girl has taken over the internet and the trend is spreading like wildfire. VSCO is a photosharing app where people usually post their 'aesthetically pleasing' pictures, quotes, and share with others. I'm unsure on how the trend started, but, girls started saying that having your room decorated like it was an aesthetic kicked it off, followed by girls changing up their complete style just to fit in with this new trend.

To be a VSCO girl, you must wear your hair in a messy bun, and make sure it's held up by a scrunchie. Next, you're going to need to find the biggest t-shirt, so try like a size 4XL, and you need to wear that with shorts underneath it, so it looks like you're not wearing pants (Because apparently, that's cute?) After you got your outfit, grab your pair of white checkered vans and slip those on your feet, gotta make sure you have your sick kicks on.

5 minutes of annoying tik tok vsco girls | Tik Tok Memeswww.youtube.com

So you got the outfit down, awesome, what's next? Scrunchies. Wearing a scrunchie on your wrist has become a trend lately, and I'm unsure why. I myself wear a scrunchie on my wrist, but, hey, you never know when you're going to need to throw your hair up. Once you got your scrunchie, put on all the friendship bracelets you made on your forty dollar Hydroflask that's covered in 'aesthetic' stickers, your bottle looks cuter that way. Now you got the whole look down, and your accessories, now? You have to learn the language of a VSCO girl.

One common phrase they love saying is "And I oop-", which came from a video that went viral earlier this year; Usually said when they make a mistake or something wrong happens. Or, just said because all the young teenage girls are on TikTok and seem to think that the only way you can be popular is if you claim to be a VSCO girl.

Girls, (and some boys), stop. You're embarrassing yourself and this trend is going to die soon. Instead of trying to blend in with the new trends, make something different! Be yourself, don't feel that you need to be doing what everyone else is doing just so you fit in with the others. Grab your Yeti water-bottle, your regular sized t-shirts, hair-ties and rock your own trends! It's better than spending forty dollars on a water bottle then ruining said water bottle with stickers.