Dear Santa, This Christmas I Want to Be an Elf

Although a few days have passed since Christmas I thought it was worth sharing this Christmas story that will make you laugh.

6
Disney+

A VHS laid at the bottom of the brown-old drawer that was next to my bed. The Santa Clause 2. My favorite Christmas movie of all time. I can't recount how many times I have seen this movie in my life but I can assure you I never get tired of it. I pull out the movie out of the drawer to remind myself to watch it later on the day. I continue with my chores such as cleaning my room and arranging my toys. I was 10-years-old when this "brilliant" idea came to mind. I thought it through for a moment and I couldn't find an inevitable reason for not doing it. I decided I didn't want toys or clothes or a phone that Christmas, all I wanted was to become in one of Santa's elves.

Disney+

I daydreamed on the idea of building toys, wrapping gifts, making and decorating gingerbread houses, baking cookies, playing football with Santa and the other elves, and most importantly drinking Judy's very own 1200-year-old cocoa recipe.

Disney+

Where did this insane idea come from you ask? The Santa Claus 2. The colorful and charm scenery, the mismatched yet good-looking outfits, the charismatic actors playing in the movie and the dreamy life of being far away from home making toys. Imagine!

Imagine my mom's reaction when she read my letter. How would she make that happen? According to her, nothing else was listed in that letter. My mom had no other choice but to confess the sad truth.

Disney+

Ouch! I don't know what hurt more, knowing that Santa didn't really exist or that I would never be able to move to the North Pole to become an elf, hahaha. Up to this day, I still enjoy watching The Santa Clause 2 to remind myself of my innocent self that believed that becoming an elf could actually happen.

If you haven't watched this movie, now is the time.