Dear Sacred Heart

Dear Sacred Heart

Thank you for everything you've done.
197

Dear Sacred Heart,

I’d like to take a minute and thank you for all you’ve done for me. I’m only a sophomore right now, but with the end of the semester right around the corner, and considering I’m almost halfway done...I’ve been reflecting on my time with you so far.

To be honest with you SHU, you weren’t always my top choice. I applied to a few other universities, and definitely had my mind set on one of them. But, it only took one tour with you to completely fall in love. The minute I walked onto your campus, I felt at home, and I knew that you were the place that I needed to be at for the next four years of my life.

It’s hard to conceive that without you, SHU, I wouldn’t know the people who I’m close to today. Your small campus made it easy for me to reach out and make friends who I know I’ll carry with me for a long time past graduation. With these friends that you helped me make, I’ve created memories that will last a lifetime. These friends have been there for me through thick and thin, and I can honestly say they’re not like any other friends I’ve had in high school. They’ve helped me see all aspects of a true college experience. I always have a lunch date, a study buddy, and a friend at a party.

Not to mention, you’ve shown me amazing opportunities on your campus. I’ve been able to become involved in so many things that I never thought I would before. I’ve gained the confidence and courage to go outside my comfort zone and grow as a person. I’ve been able to gain skills and knowledge that will always benefit me, no matter my career path or any other life journey.

But hey, don’t let this all go to your head. You definitely come with some flaws, like any of us. The doors at Linda’s? Ridiculously heavy. There’s literally no need for any door to be that heavy. And we all know the food (*cough cough.. 63’s) could up its game. Also, would it hurt that bad to chill with the insane prices of everything? Let me know why a cup of grapes is practically $5. And even though all students love to say how their school is in Fairfield… we know we’re lying and are actually in Bridgeport, the city of dreams.

Despite all of that, SHU, you know your students love you and all the small things. Like the first time finally getting a drink at Red’s (personally not there yet but I expect this to be a milestone and nothing less), the late night Linda’s runs, going to Toad’s on a Saturday night looking for an Ivy League husband, and many many more.

I couldn’t be more glad to be a Pioneer, and I know how bittersweet graduation day will be. Thank you for everything you’ve done, and everything you’ll continue to do for me and everyone on this campus.

Love always,

Rachel