Dear Freshman Year,

Dear Freshman Year,

Thanks for helping me.

11
Dear Freshman Year,
Deanna Jacopino

With freshman year over, I've found myself reminiscing more than I ever have before. Freshman year has a weird way of changing people whether it be for better or worse. I'm lucky to say that my freshman year has definitely changed me for the better! I still can't believe that freshman year is over because it feels like just yesterday I was finishing my senior year of high school. It's true what they say, college really does go by like the snap of your fingers. So please, Time, slow down.

Not going to lie, freshman year wasn't always easy. It had its ups and it definitely had its downs, but I guess that is all part of the process. Back in August, I was pretty scared to start all over again at a new place. Little did I know that the second I began college my life would change forever.

During this past year, I was able to figure out who I am and who I want to be as a person. I was able to commit myself to my school work, make many new friends and even lose some people along the way. Every situation this year good or bad has helped me figure out who I am and who I want to be. So if you're reading this and you were a part of it, thank you. All of this has shaped me into the person I have always dreamed of becoming.

This past year has been a journey I know I will always remember. So finally, thank you, freshman year, for teaching me so many valuable lessons and bringing so many amazing people into my life. You will be missed terribly, but as the saying goes; "On to the next one." See you in the fall sophomore year!