Dear Mother Nature, Please Bring Us Spring Already

Enough with the snow and cold temperatures!

247
Alexander Shustov

Dear Mother Nature,

I would really appreciate it if you could hear me out, and change that low of 26 degrees for next week, to 62, please. If you can't make summer come any faster then at least, make it spring weather already! It is April, and it appears that there is still more snow on its way. I don't know about anybody else, but I am sick of all this snow and I am especially tired of this painfully cold weather!

It is such a drag schlepping my way to class in my thick winter jacket, my scarf, and multiple layers of clothing. I feel more irritable in this weather, and these chilly winter temperatures have lasted far too long. I am beginning to dread every walk I take outside in the dreary cold.

I can't help but long for a beautiful sunny day, where I can spend all afternoon doing my school work outside, sitting on my beach blanket, wearing only shorts and a t-shirt.

Actually, even better scenario—I can’t help but long for a for a beautiful sunny day, where I can spend all afternoon outside with NO school work to do, sitting on my beach blanket, wearing only shorts and a t-shirt.

But regardless of what I am doing, I feel happier and more energized when it is warm out, and I think that holds true for many people. When I can feel the bright sun rays beaming down on my skin, I experience a whole new level of motivation to be active. Suddenly, I want to go for a run, ride my bike, take my car out for a drive, or just play music outdoors as I spend countless hours in the company of my friends, soaking up the sun.

For me, life is just so much more enjoyable in the spring and summer seasons, which makes me very eager for warmer weather to come—I can't wait to be in a constant state of happiness!

Just one full month left of classes and soon enough it will be summer time. I am overly excited for all of the adventures to come, and the countless beach trips I plan on taking. I can already feel the warm sand beneath my feet and the salty ocean breeze blowing through my hair.

But, while class is still in session for another five weeks, it would be greatly appreciated if the warm weather started now! I would love to enjoy the time I have left here this semester, immersed in warm, sunny forecasts.

So please Mother Nature, I beg you to start rising the temperatures and bringing the sun out of hiding!

Sincerely,

A girl who is sick of the cold.