What I Wish Kate Spade Knew Before Ending Her Life
Politics

Dear Kate Spade, This Is What I Wish You Knew Before You Took Your Own Life

Kate Spade as always been such a huge influence on young girls, including myself.

465
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjsOdjTnild/?taken-by=lifetimetv

On June 5th, the fashion world changed in a way I've never known possible. This is industry is so powerful, and the men and women who create such amazing pieces of art inspire so many. That's why, when Kate Spade finally had enough, it crushed those who she had built up with her brand.

The morning the news let out, I was at my part-time retail job, where each and every employee loved and honored the work of Kate. I remember walking into the small office where we keep our personal belongings, and opening a text message from my mother that Kate Spade committed suicide. I was immediately stunned and rushed onto the floor to let my coworkers know the terrible news. Their responses of shock and sadness really made me think about what I wish she knew before she did it.

I wish she knew how many people she had reached, and how many hearts she had filled.

The store I work at carries her product, and every time someone buys a handbag or wallet of hers, they smile ear to ear. I wish she could see that over, and over. I'm sure she has met plenty of people who love her and her work dearly, but if she could have just seen how far it went.

Kate Spade deserved to be comfortable talking about her depression, and how she felt about her life.

She should have been able to relax, and worry about her mental health and how she was dealing with certain things emotionally, instead of focusing on the negativity in her life. You never know, after someone passes, if they had someone to truly speak their mind to, and let them know what was going on.

She deserved that.

Everyone deserves that.

If you are dealing with any kind of depression or mental illness, please talk with someone. I know it is probably the last thing you want to do is speak about how awful you feel, but it can help so much. Don't let your mental illness slow you down, or end your life. Grab ahold of whatever is making you depressed, and kill that instead. There is someone there for you, even if you don't know it.

If you've ever had serious thoughts about suicide, please visit https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org or call 1-800-273-8255.