Dear Girl Who Doesn't Know Her Worth, Do Yourself A Favor And Walk Away

I know how scary it seems, but trust God. It’s worth it.

238
Ellie Winters

I know you might not realize it yet, but you deserve better. Or maybe you do realize it, but you’re afraid. You are afraid of the unknown and you aren’t quite ready to let go of what’s comfortable and familiar. You would rather stay where you’re at because then at least nothing changes and you know exactly what to expect every day. Because what if you do decide to walk away and it’s worse? But it could be better, but without any guarantees, that’s too risky.

I mean, the guy is decent enough, right? He treats you well, you fight like every couple, and you think you’re happy most of the time. But you’re not sure. You start to wonder if this is all there is, and maybe somewhere in the distance, you could have a relationship with no fighting and a happiness you don’t have to question.

You start to wonder if you’re settling, and that my friends, is when you should draw the line. Not only for you but for the guy who also deserves to be with someone who doesn’t wonder if they’re settling.

Because if you ever wonder if you’re settling, you 100% are.

There IS a relationship out there that will never leave you questioning, that will bring you happiness in abundant amounts you could never have imagined. You just have to be brave enough to leave the comfort of your safety bubble. Leave the ‘good’, and let God give you ‘great’.

Not because it is deserved, but because He loves you and shows so much grace. If you’re willing to step out in faith, He will bless you and give you the desires of your heart. Maybe not immediately, it could be months or even years, or He could surprise you with a plan you never imagined.

But I’m warning you now, there will be times of doubt and times where you wonder what the heck God is doing. Yet alongside those times of feeling lost, there will also be times of growth and times of triumph. When you are faced with that grief and confusion, hold on to hope. Hold on to the promises God has made for those who love Him and trust that He has His best for you.

He will give you great.

He will give you more than what you pray for.

He will bless you beyond belief.

All you need to do is trust Him and let go of the thing you’re clinging to out of fear of the unknown.

It’s terrifying, trust me I know. I’ve been where you’re at, and I wish someone had told me to stop being such a scaredy cat sooner. But we need to go through each experience in order to grow and then lead others with humility and empathy.

We need to face the tough stuff so we can appreciate the blessing with an endless amount of thankfulness. It will be so worth it because God has something and someone incredible planned for you. Never forget that you are more precious than rubies, and never doubt God’s goodness and love for you.