Dear Future Husband

Dear Future Husband

A few things you should know about me.

63
Dear Future Husband
Instagram

Dear Future Husband,

I don't know if I've already met you, or if you haven't been introduced into my life yet. I don't know where you live, or where you're from, how you dress, what color your eyes are, or what you think about at night, but I think there's a couple things you should know about me.

I ADORE dogs. And truthfully, that's not a strong enough description. Dogs and I are connected at the soul. We see each other, and it's like finding a long lost family member. So naturally, one of my favorite things to do is go into the PetSmart next to Trader Joes on the weekends, before grocery shopping, and say hi to all the new and old adoptions.

All through my childhood, up until about 8th grade I was convinced that my idea of having my own Dog Hotel in New York City was original and genius. I did many projects on it. But my dreams were crushed when I saw a movie trailer about that exact same idea called "Hotel For Dogs" starring Jake T. Austin.

This brings me to a perfect time to talk about my head full of ideas and dreams. All of which are not completely thought out, and shouldn't always be taken 100% seriously. However, I'd like you to comfort me anyway, no matter how crazy the idea is, and tell me it sounds awesome. I'd do nothing less and I'm telling you, one of these days one of my ideas is going to make a million dollars...

Moving on, I'm very stubborn. I don't do what I'm told or listen to directions very well. The only upside to that is reverse psychology works great on me, (this is a big tip for later). You can't say, "Karly, go pick up some groceries for diner tonight", a better phrase would be "You wont do it. You're not allowed. You're chicken."

In that case, I'd laugh and say "damn it", while I storm out and then come back with a cheesecake, because I know that's you're favorite and I love you.

Also, I have about 30 different laughs, almost all of which are obnoxious and annoying, but you'll probably get the cute one at first.

They all have a different meaning. There's a laugh for excitement, one for happiness, one for when I'm stressed and it kinda seems forced. There's the one you can't even hear, cause it's THAT FUUNY TO ME that I physically can't breathe. In which case, probably means it wasn't very funny at all.

When I'm shy or nervous, my voice gets really quiet and high pitched. I hate it. I'm not in control of it. My best friends call me out on it which is even more embarrassing.

Good news and bad news: you might get annoyed with me, but you will never be bored. I am walking entertainment trust me. I sing and dance A LOT. Sometimes in grocery stores, or in my chair at school. I truthfully don't even realize when I'm doing it. Even though I'm definitely not Beyonce, I sure love to pretend! Especially in the shower.

Getting sappy: I love my mom more than anything in this world. My entire life it has always just been me and her. I became very aware of her strength and sacrifices at an early age and therefore feel inspired every day. I hope to give back everything because she deserves it.

However, I would actually say that I was raised by 3 moms: my actual mother, my grandmother. (her mom), and my Nani (my dad's mom) So, there are many strong women you will have to impress at some point. LOL good luck.

You'll begin to see that I have a little bit of each of them inside of me, including my dad, who although I've never lived a day in my life with, I somehow act exactly like him. It's funny how our mannerisms can sometimes seem genetic...

My mom and I's voices sound exactly the same, so I definitely talk like her, but I have the mindset of my grandmother. She is very hard working, good at math, and sports but has such a strong, unwavering love that she just naturally gives off. I definitely have my Nani's heart. She is down right the sweetest, most caring, and thoughtful person I have ever met.

Most importantly, though, I am blissfully happy. And every day I wake up excited and motivated all on my own. I have 29 good days in a month with maybe 1 or 2 that are just "eh". So you can't ruin that.

This should not be work, difficult, annoying, or any sort of burden. Love should enhance and comfort while being the easiest thing you have to do every day.

So yes, I am strong and capable of many things but truthfully, I can't wait to have you by my side. I can't wait for the day where I get to hang out and wake up to the person I love and adore so fierce because I have yet to experience anything remotely close to that.

I am trying very hard right now to not let bad people and bad experiences harden me and my open heart. I'm trying to wait because right now, at this very moment I am so full of such genuine love and loyalty. Full of it, and nowhere to put it except for myself.

So I'm sorry if, by the time you come around, I blow you off, I don't take you seriously, or simply am too involved in my little world inside my head that I don't notice you standing there.

I am sorry. But be patient. And keep trying.

It sometimes takes tough love with me, because I'm so stubborn, but I know who the good ones are and I know you're out there, somewhere. All you have to do is be a little less terrified than I am of this whole thing we call love, (and spiders because I'm definitely not killing those). And if you can be that guy, then cool.

Love,

Karly

P.S. If you magically happen to be Cameron Dallas, I'd be okay with that.