Dear College Students During Finals

Dear College Students During Finals

It is okay to stress for a minute, but do not do it for two.

6
Dear College Students During Finals
Google

This is the week that you did not want to come, yet it is here.

This is the week that all of the materials that you have learned in the past three months have to come into one test. One test that can make or break your grade. One test that you will spend nearly twelve hours studying for. One test that tests your patience and strength...and you will get through it.

You are exhausted.

You are absolutely tired, hungry, and just wanting to go home for a peaceful Christmas break, but you need to study more. Not harder, but more efficient. Thanksgiving break just ended, so you could catch up on the sleep that you have not gotten...but now it is back again with all-nighters and trying to see how long you can study for without being distracted. You are tired from trying to have a social life, staying involved in school, and studying all at the same time...you will get through this.

Your GPA does not define you.

If you have been stressing this course the entire semester, then you should consider tutoring, grade forgiveness, or spending specifically one day, all on the same topic. Write and rewrite things over again, say things twenty times in your head before your mind goes blank, and look over that study guide that has been sitting on your desk one more time right before the test, it helps. Your GPA is not on your degree. Yes, it is great to aim for Deans List, but let's face it. Do you really think that it will matter in the few shorts years that you will be at college? You have time to pull up your grades.

Treat Yourself.

Most college students do not do this because lets face it, we are all broke. By all means, treat yourself once you finish your final. Aim for a specific study time, treat yourself after working so hard. You have sat in the library for more than ten hours with a bagel and water all day, go get a pizza, take a walk, or do something to get your mind off of studying for a bit. Aim for an A and once you receive that A, go get some panera mac and cheese, buy some cookies, or go get your nails done.

It is okay to be average.

Even though most aim for higher grades, it is okay to not have the best grade in the class. If someone does better than you then you should not be jealous, that should be your reason to try harder...but it is okay to be average. There is nothing wrong with settling for a B on a test that you studied all semester for.

College students, before you start taking finals, please be mindful to keep your body healthy. Get enough sleep, drink a lot of water, and study hard all in the same day. Wake up, kick butt, and repeat until finals are over. Well wishes to everyone these next couple of weeks!