Dear 2020

Dear 2020

Thank you for being the actual worst year of my life.

43
Dear 2020

Dear 2020,

This year has been the worst, yet has the possibility of being the best year of our lives. Through a pandemic, murder hornets, and what is sure to come in the second half, 2020 has been the year that has resulted in a lot of pain and disappointment.

I hated finding out that my semester on campus was cut short, and that the internship I had hoped for was cancelled because of social distancing guideline. I hated finding out that there was no sports for the summer, and my ability to see my friends was miniscule. It broke my heart knowing that my work was going to feel less real because all of my classes were through online platforms.

2020 has been a year full of regret and disappointment, but I have chose to use this year as a year of growth, working hard to make sure that my time at home, which seemed rather unending (it's been 2020 for about 14 years at this point) was going to result in becoming a better person.

2020 has been terrible, but I am determined to make 2020 my best year yet.

I know that I am not perfect, and it has become increasingly more obvious with all of my time to think while at home. 2020 is the year in which I can take hold of everything that has become more negative in my life, particularly because it seems I have lost control of everything external. It is during this time that I can work on myself and not work on trying to help the whole world.

So 2020, this year has sucked. There has been things I haven't been able to understand, but I have worked hard to learn more about some of the things impacting the world. There have been things that have resulted in my life being changed and I'm working hard to make sure that my life changes for the better. I've watched as I've had to spend three months not talking to my friends in person so that we can make sure we aren't putting anyone at risk. I've worked hard to make sure that I have a lot of masks available so that way I can protect those around me.

Most importantly, I have focused on working on my personality, making sure that I am the kind of person that I want people to see and love. I've worked on becoming morw aware of myself, my problems, and my privilege. 2020, thank you for giving me a chance to be a better person, even though you have been the worst year.

Sincerely,

a very thankful person that this has been terrible