Dear 2017,

Dear 2017,

I have a few requests

7
Dear 2017,

Dear 2017,

Boy am I glad you're here. 2016 was definitely a journey of ups, downs, twists, and turns and I think I can speak for everyone when I say I'm glad it's over. As we begin 2017, I have a few requests for you.

First, please don't take away any more amazing and talented people. I know death is inevitable, but 2016 took from us Alan Rickman, David Bowie, Harper Lee, Prince, Muhammad Ali, Gene Wilder, Arnold Palmer, John Glenn, Allen Thicke, George Michael, Carrie Fisher, and Debbie Reynolds to name a few. (And also Harambe. I'm still not over it.) That just scratches the surface of lives lost, so please 2017, before you take any more lives, give us time to cope.

Next, please bring this country back together. The 2016 Presidential election has divided our country more than ever. This division has caused an outpour of hate, which is exactly the opposite of what this country needs right now. We need to remember that no matter our opinions, we are one nation, under God, INDIVISIBLE, with liberty and justice for ALL.

And finally, I ask that you bring each and every one of us happiness, adventure, and love. Like I said, 2016 was a rough year. Though there were a lot of highs, they seemed to be outnumbered by lows. So if you could, lets reverse that this year.

I'd like to think those requests aren't too much. I understand if you can't fulfill all of them, but please try your hardest.

Sincerely,

Everyone