Dealing With The Stress Of Life Growing Up

We all are only one person each!

50

Okay. So!

Everyone works at their own pace in life. Whether it'd be how much you progress in your tenure to finish school, getting a job, calling your great grandmother back to help her fix the cable or even so much as to take the frozen chicken out of the freezer before your mother gets home to prepare dinner.

Either way, we all have our own pace. We all move in different patterns and speeds, stemming from many different walks of life that may render a difficult time for some to make it past that checkpoint of the task/goal at hand.

What don't I get is: Why is it okay to force push someone to get something done? To become a person that the world expects you to be, or even so much as to throw pressure on that person. Insinuating that it would oh so easily make things easier.

It's their life, not yours.

Yes, given that there are people out there that want to see you succeed, or to reach your goal, or even see you not fail in life, but for the love of the Heavens, DON'T mentally step on a person's toes especially after they've told you countless times, they're doing the best they can. They're working at the pace that is most comfortable for them not to break over the edge and they'll get what needs to be done to an extent that is suitable for all involved with a situation.

Yet.
Here I am.

Exactly one month into my new job. And it's not just any old job. Not your average McDonalds or Hot Topic employment. No, like the very most of us in the New York City population, ranging in our early/the mid-twenties that are not in College - I am upholding a career path that I never knew I'd have, but somehow just got lucky for keeping a proper head on my shoulders.

In this one month, I've probably not experienced as much mental anguish as the average working class individual but dear Lord I'd like to think I've gotten a very thick slice of what it feels like to be thrown into the wolves of where life begins to really sink it's teeth into testing just how much one can take.

Let's backtrack for just a moment. Under no circumstances do I embrace close, nor do I keep the back pocket thought to use as an excuse, that in early years of High School, I was classified to have a learning disability. However, it seems when many tasks are put in my hands, several of them, I struggle with comprehending what many others would take as a cake walk. But HEY! That's just as apparent to the rhyme as it is.

Somehow, people seem to take advantage in this shark-eat-dog world more than it's believed to let on and it's very discouraging at best when it comes from those who you'd least expect it to come from. The many people who claim they are out to help you, misconstrue "help" with "pressure" and don't even realize it, especially when you tell them you are doing your best or for them to level with you, yet still, they push and push and push.

In the month that I've been employed to this new walk of life, as a nutritionist assistant in a mental hospital - MAN, I've been going through it.

Ranging from mental health patients hounding me for seconds of plates of food or dessert, nurse aides telling me that I am wrong for the way that I do my job based on the way that I was trained or even so much as new helpful methods that I implement to the table that may not have been thought about before, supervisors stockpiling me with a gang load of tasks before I could manage to even get the first one done, as well as throwing unwarranted/unrequested shifts at me that drain my core being without a break for a full week straight and then of course such the likes of specific family members rooting for me in my corner but with an intimidating eagle eye at hand: you can only imagine just how many times I question - WHY won't the world leave me alone?!

Mistake not my frustrated banter for a cry for help as if I am not aware for the situation I am in. I get it. It's a job. It's a career. It's part of growing up. Not everyone is supposed to like a job. But for the mother of mercy, man, come on! I'm not asking for child blocks or a simple road to stand before me by any means necessary. But it couldn't hurt for the world around not just myself, but for us all, to work in such a fashion that could benefit an A and B side to fair compatibility.

But alas, with such damned ramifications going on at the moment like the 2016 Election, it shouldn't be to any surprise why things ideal happenings such as everyone working together to make life joyous for one another is only a fragment of imagination.