Dealing With A Breakup

Dealing With A Breakup

Life will still go on.

42
Dealing With A Breakup
https://www.thestar.com/life/2013/05/20/too_much_pressure_on_boyfriend_derailed_first_love.html

I am single, and I'm okay.

I recently got out of a relationship, and it really was not as bad as I thought it would be. There were no tears, no screaming and no hurtful words. Just two people who came to an amicable decision that they just weren't right for one another. As much as it would have been nice for everything to work out, sometimes it doesn't. It sucks, but I wish nothing but love and happiness to my ex.

Break ups suck, but things get better.

I was unhappy. It wasn't my ex's fault, he was a great guy, I just didn't feel excited about the relationship anymore. I felt horrible because I felt like I let him down, and I was just giving up. That was a painful feeling to deal with. But now that it is over, and I've moved on, I realized my break up was the best thing that could've happened.

I feel like a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. I hated having to pretend I was happy when I was far from it. It wasn't fair to do to him, and it wasn't fair to do to me. I had so much anxiety over having to end the relationship, even though deep down I knew it was the right thing to do. And I'll admit, I was scared of being single again. The break up was little weird in the beginning because I felt like I screwed up another relationship. I felt like I was too hard to handle and that there isn't anyone out there that could deal with me. I felt lonely, and I felt a little hopeless.

And now I'm fine. Yep, I am one hundred percent okay. And I am telling you all this because I wanted to let all of you out there who are in the midst of dealing with a break up, whether it be good or bad, that it will be okay. I promise, it will. It sucks, it really does. But all the hurt will go away, and you will pick yourself up and move on. You will find happiness again.

Please, don't give up on love. Sometimes, things just don't work out. People go in different directions, or don't see eye to eye. Sometimes people are just incompatible. It is completely okay, and it is usually no one's fault. Giving up and deciding you aren't worthy of love will only make things worse. Take as much time as you need, process it, move on, find yourself, experiment with what you want, and meet new people. A break up doesn't have to mean you're done living a full and happy life. Always remember to take care of yourself. If you are not happy, and the relationship isn't working and you have tried so hard to keep it going, it is okay to let go. You are not an awful person, and you haven't failed. Life just has a different plan for you.

I feel like I have a new beginning. I have time to figure out exactly what it is that I want, and learn from my mistakes. I'm so young, and I have my whole life to find the right person. But for right now, I'm just going to keep on smiling, surround myself with good people, and put love and positivity out into the world.