The Perfect Day in NYC

The Perfect Day in NYC

Let me plan your day in the city!

5
The Perfect Day in NYC

If you have plans to go to the Big Apple for a day trip, but are stumped on what to do, fear no more! I have set out an itinerary, so to speak, for a day trip in NYC.

First, you will take a train into Grand Central. Make sure to take time to marvel at the historic ceiling in the main concourse.

Next, you will exit the station onto 42nd street. Walk westward until you reach Bryant Park. If you visit in the winter time, bring your ice skates and shopping bags, as the Winter Village has shops and an ice skating rink. If you visit during another time of the year, you can sit at a table, lounge on the grass, grab something to eat, or play table tennis.

Continue to walk westward down 42nd street until you reach the famous Times Square. Here, you can shop at a variety of stores, pick up some souvenirs, and of course taking some insta- worthy photos.

Then, I suggest that you head south on seventh avenue. Along this street, I recommend checking out the Museum at FIT if you are interested in fashion; entry is free and the exhibitions are really cool. Also, on 23rd street there a donut store called "Doughnut Plant." Here, you can treat your tastebuds by trying unique donut flavors like matcha green tea and peanut butter & jam.

Once you're full and your sweet tooth is satisfied, continue down seventh avenue and cut westward to see the location of the Friends Apartment. If you're a fan of the hit sitcom "Friends," then seeing the exterior of the apartment in which the characters supposedly lived is really exciting.

To complete your trip, you should head over to Washington Square Park where you can sit by the beautiful fountain and people-watch or listen to street performers.

I hope you follow this itinerary and know that there are hundred of thousands of other things that you can do in New York City-- but, this will get you started on your journey of exploring the city.