David Kidney: The Unsung Hero of Legally Blonde

He dewormed orphans in Somalia, what did you do last year?

5481
MGM

Most of us know about the female empowering movie about a blonde sorority girl that decides to go to Harvard Law to get her jerk BF back. Rather than getting back with him, she ends up being top of her class and proving to him that if you set your mind to it, you can achieve anything. And you can do it all while still being true to yourself, pink heels and all.

While Elle Woods is great, the real hero of this movie is in fact David Kidney, the dorky law student who helps Elle. Here are some more reasons why this guy is the best part of Legally Blonde!

He dewormed orphans in Somalia. Even a genius like David has time to help those in need. And he did it over the last 18 months!

He was never mean to Elle. For most of the movie he is quiet as a church mouse, but even as an introvert David doesn't follow the trend and treat Elle with disrespect like Vivian. He even helped her through out the movie, especially at the end when he helped her become Brooke's attorney instead of the sleazy Professor Callahan.

He put himself out there to get a date He didn't try to lie about himself to make him look like a better choice or be smooth for that matter. (Elle did help make it seem like he was a heartbreaker, but can ya blame her? He needed help).

He's really smart, like crazy smart The man has a masters is Russian Literature AND a Ph.D. in Biochemistry. I'm lucky I'll get a B.A. in English, let alone in another language.

He's actually really hot Actor Oz Perkins is one fine specimen! Just look at that steely gaze; it's like he's looking into your soul *swoon*

Dorky David Kidney, my hero