David And Goliath

David And Goliath

God's little soldier

19
David And Goliath
http://fungyung.com/bible-wallpapers.html

Erin sat in her room reading a bright picture book. Her hand supported her chin, yet her big brown eyes were mesmerized by a painting that involved a brave boy. The sunlight that shone through her window fell on a small boy who stood in front of a Giant ready to slay him with no fear. Her mind swarmed with questions only a child could think of. She struggled to understand David's bravery against the Giant.

And in a moment, she shut her eyes and imagined what it would be like to see David kill Goliath.

The pink walls that surrounded her vanished. Sunlight and the smell of sweaty men filled her surrounding instead.

She was about to call out for David when suddenly a big "Boom!" quieted the camp. A foot belonged to that huge earthquake, and a body as well. Erin was quite shocked with whose body that belonged to.

The Giant took three big steps, what to us is a mile, before he spoke.

"This day I defy the armies of Israel! Give me a man and let us fight each other," the Giant spoke.

Erin watched as the Giant searched for a soldier to fight with. She hid behind a tent that gave her the view of what was the scariest encounter she'd ever had.

Before her eyes stood a nine-foot tall man covered in armor. His head was covered with a brass helmet that shone when the sun touched it. His body was protected by a large coat of mail. The Giant with his huge feet turned and walked back to his camp.

One question popped into Erin's head. Without looking, she poked someone's shoulder and bravely asked: "Why won't any of these soldiers fight the Giant?"

The Israelite turned with baffled confusion. "Don't you know who the Philistine is?"

Erin nodded. "Yes, he is Goliath, but if you believe in God, then why don't you trust him to defeat this Giant?"

The Israelite took no thought to answer. "My life is much more precious."

Erin was taken aback. How could someone value their life more than others? Was God just around to grant us our wishes? She heard a noise from in front of the tent. With curiosity Erin ran to figure out what was going on.

A commotion began in front of the king's tent. Someone brave was walking out. Erin pushed through the crowd to find a boy with a staff and a sling.

"David! It's David!" Erin's excitement grew as David drew near to the river. Fear began to overcome her as well.

The battle vanished when she opened her eyes and her pink decorated walls surrounded her again. She knew the end and who won, but how could someone so small do something so great?