5 Date Night Ideas To Have While Stuck In The House

Quarantined with your love? Here are some fun date night ideas!

33
https://unsplash.com/photos/oKbQxVusp8M
Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash

If you're stuck inside with your significant other and searching for "date night" ideas, I've come up with a few. Sometimes it's altogether too easy to end up laying around and doing nothing, or finding things to do separately, but I made a short list of activities you and your lover can do together. That being said, these things work for roommates, friends, and family as well.

Movie marathon

This seems intuitive and like something you may have done even before the COVID-19 crisis, but with all of this time stuck in quarantine, you may as well choose a theme and stick with it for a while. You could watch the Marvel Cinematic Universe, binge the Harry Potter series, or even force him to watch Twilight (I'm still working on that one). Make up a comfy space to watch, whether it's a bed covered in pillows or a pile of blankets on the living room floor, and get to streaming your favorite films.

Puzzles

Here's something sort of productive while still just laying around. Find a fun-themed puzzle and lay it out on the table or floor for more space, and get to work. This can be relaxing but also frustrating, so keep that in mind when deciding on the kind of puzzle!

Homemade gourmet meal

Yeah, you can order takeout like you have for the past few weeks, or you could make a grocery run and pick up all of the ingredients for your significant other's favorite food. Might as well grab drinks and dessert while you're at it, and make a whole night of it. If you're really feeling it, you could even get dressed up and pretend you're at a fancy restaurant. The world is your oyster!

Games

Board games, card games, video games, etc. Challenge your boo to a little friendly competition and see who is the best at MarioKart or Smash Bros...I already know that I would lose in a video game no matter what, but that doesn't make it any less fun! Pick up your favorite board game from your childhood or FaceTime friends and stream a digital game. There are so many possibilities and you could do different games each time.

Crafts

I know that not everyone is as into creative activities as I am, but I really think it would be a cute idea for a date night! For Valentine's Day Graham and I painted pottery and it was a blast, so bringing that sort of date home would be pretty cool. When you're on your weekly grocery run grab a few canvasses and paint or even some white clothing items and tie dye. There are so many different options and everything can be 100% customized. Find what works best for you and run with it.