Daniel, Back At It Again.

Daniel, Back At It Again.

Your comprehensive guide to your next pair of favorite white sneakers.

93
Daniel, Back At It Again.
Common Projects

Log on to Pinterest, flip a few pages of Harpers Bazaar, view almost any online shop, and you'll see that people throw around the word "essential" at almost any occasion. But the question is, what truly is essential?

So say that we toss out your entire wardrobe and you're forced to pick one outfit to wear for the rest of hmm I don't know, life. Personally, If I were to choose, I'd have to say it'd be a reliable pair of jeans, a black tee-shirt, and a pair of white sneakers. And if I was a guy - I'd say the same thing. It would be my absolute go-to, confident, and not-trying-too-hard-but-classic outfit.

If we really get down to it, the tee-shirt and jeans wouldn't be what would take me the most time to pick out, it would be those white sneaks.

The thing is about white sneakers is that if you pick the right pair, you're set for life. They can be dressed up or down, can be your casual walk to the store or your next adventure abroad. They match with your suit, your board shorts, your leather skirt, it is your option (D: All of the above).

Here I am, for both my lovely lady friends and my manly men buds, composing a list and prices of all my (and soon to be yours) favorite pHre$h white kicks.

DUDES:

VANS ERA PRO- OFF-WHITE GUMSOLE

$60

Buy them here

The contrast in the sole and the canvas is a very subtle clean look that just gets better with wear and (slight) tear.

This is a skate shoe, so the bottoms are a little thicker and last you a little longer, but the quality is what you pay for so expect to toss them within 1-2 years.

ADIDAS SAMBA

$60

Buy them here

A soccer shoe, these sneakers have an especially long tongue in comparison to the rest of these, but a classic shoe, nonetheless.

CONVERSE JACK PURCELL CLASSIC LOW TOP

$65

Buy them here

One of the most comfortable options, but with a cleaner look than the chuck Taylor's red and white stripe. They are available in canvas as well as leather, in case you're worried about keeping them clean!

ADIDAS ORIGINALS STAN SMITH

$75

Buy them here

The backside/top of heel comes in options of green, red or navy, with green being original. The leather is not the best quality, but style points are style points -because they are the OG style of all almost all white shoes.

p.s the Primeknit is pretty cool, too.

VANS SK8 LEATHER SKATE SHOE

$75

Buy them here

Skater-core, ankle support, with the classic van's logo. The leather ones are a little tougher to find, but they also come in canvas.

NIKE KILLSHOT 2

$90

Buy them here

These are always out of stock but no worries, J. Crew is getting us the hook up soon enough. The gum sole/blue detailing can either make an outfit one HUNNA or it can make it look goofy. This one is a little tougher to pair.

NIKE AIR FORCE 1 HIGH

$100

Buy them here

These have been around forever and don't seem to be going anywhere, either. Ridiculously versatile and one of the best options for streetwear.

COMMON PROJECTS ORGINAL ACHILLES LOW

$415

Buy them here

The gold details, the cleanest clean you can get are the Common Projects original Achilles.

FEIT BI-COLOR LO

$560

Buy them here

A little bit of a monochromatic contrast going on here, updating the complete white sneaker but maintaining a minimalistic look with Feit's handcrafted shoe.

LADIES:

H&M WHITE SNEAKERS

$30

Buy them here

These faux leather gems design is almost a replica to all the designer styles on the market, earning themselves a thumbs up from the fashion world.

SUPERGA COTU SNEAKER

$65

Buy them here

The 2750 is Superga's best-selling shoe, with a huge range of colors to choose from. A very popular pick from Europe, specifically Italy.

CONVERSE CHUCK II HIGH TOP

$80

Buy them here

Converse's first new design since '98 years does not disappoint. With Lunlarlon (comfy insole designed by Nike), a blindingly true white look, and all white soles, it's a sweet upgrade.

NIKE TENNIS CLASSIC AC PRM

$109

Buy them here

An indoor tennis shoe that is not a bad alternative to Adidas Stan Smith. With obvious differences (longer tongue, thicker outsole, less chunky look, and different perforation) it all depends on what you're looking for.

KENNETH COLE KAM SNEAKER

$120

Buy them here

This pair is widely associated with Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, and Miranda Kerr. A very clean look with no additional details that is similar to Stan Smith/Common Projects.

Eytys Mother Canvas Sneakers

$160

Buy them here

The best selling Eytys. White leather low-tops with vulcanised rubber soles. They have cork insoles and arch support that promises maximum comfort. They even come two different color laces! White for any time and purple when you're feelin' extra saucy.

NIKE PEGASUS 83'

$120

Buy them here

A classic Nike lifestyle shoe that I believe does not get the credit it deserves. The canvas with suede finishing keeps this shoe sophisticated enough to wear with more than your gym shorts.

Axel Arigato Low Sneaker

$195

Buy them here

Subtle reptile texture on the premium leather upper with a smooth contrasting cap-toe. Handcrafted in Portugal, while the company is headquartered in Sweden.

SENSO ARNA SNEAKER

$230

Buy them here

Senso creates a minimalistic look with a very feminine feel, and adds contrast with the wide laces that go all the way across the shoe. It's a different look from the other examples but definitely a refreshing one.

COMMON PROJECTS ORGINAL ACHILLES LOW

$415

Buy them here

In my opinion, nothing looks quite like the super-clean CPs. The subtle gold detail and the quality of leather for Common Projects (both men and women( are just incomparable.

Of course, there's dozens of models of "the classic white shoe" out there, all catering to different preferences, lifestyles and tastes. That was just my two cents on my all time favorite minimalistic aesthetic.

Take this good advice

If they're gonna judge you for life
Say we can't always be fly
We gon' be good long as them sneakers white
You'll be alright

-Wale
"White Shoes"