Dancing For A Cause

Dancing For A Cause

Making a difference, literally one step at a time.

33
Dancing For A Cause

"An organization uniting individuals of all ages under one common interest, that is, dance; and through this common interest creating a large student volunteering body to make a larger impact on the community, for the community, and for the world." - Dancing For a Cause

I remember a long time ago someone told me that by 2014, dance would not be as strong as it has been in the past. Nothing this generation does with dance will be the same as before or even rival what it was, and they're right. Those people are right because this organization, these people, their dreams, and what they're fighting for is not to become what dance was back then, but to evolve it and make it something it's never been before. What's more, is that they don't want to keep it to themselves. They want to expand and share their gifts to the world, so everyone can see that dance can make a difference. Even more, is that each and every person in this world has something valuable to offer in order to make a difference in this place we call home.

Dancing For a Cause was founded in 2008 by Tanjim Rahman and, with the help of his friends he calls family, they were able to start this organization in their high school. None of them knew that Dancing For a Cause would be where it's at today, and I don't think they knew how much of an impact it would make not just to dancers in their area, but to the people that didn't have much to believe in.

This past February, the founder and his friends opened up Dancing For a Cause Headquarters, also known as DFC HQ. It took six years for something this amazing to happen and the reason it did is because they worked super hard for it. Each and every one of these people put their hearts and souls into this place they call home. Giving people of all ages the opportunity to learn and grown under the same roof, sharing something they love and discovering something new. Dancing For a Cause gave that hope to people. I was lucky enough to see the difference they make while I was working in their studio this past summer and let me tell you, they do care about each and every one of the people that walk through their doors.

Three dance teams were born from this organization. The first one was Impact N Change, also known as INC. This youth team has worked very hard since the day it was founded and because of it, they received third place at World of Dance Dallas 2015. These kids never stop growing and what's even better is that they don't care if they win or lose a competition. What matters to them is that they're impacting and changing the audience with their art and with the love and passion they have in their art.

Photo Credit: Tanjim Rahman

The second dance team is known as The Neighborhood. This is the adult team who made their debut at Soundbox Studios Birthday Bash. Taking the crowd by storm, they ended up tying for third place at World of Dance Dallas 2015 against the previous champions, Wyldstyl. Since then and even before, many of these members have been giving back to their community and outside of it by teaching the young and the old and pushing each and every one of their students to their limits, hoping that one day they'll discover something new that's inside them.

Photo Credit: Tanjim Rahman

The third team is known as Timeout. Another youth team, much younger than INC, who is ready to show that dreams, passion, love, and art start at a very young age.

Photo Credit: Brien Parish

Dancing For a Cause has spread in many places in Texas such as, Sache, Wichita Falls and Plano. It even reaches places outside of America too, such as India.

Dancing For a Cause is more than a group of people and more than a studio. It is a style of living that helps people to grow and unite through dance. They've seen the differences in lives and seen what community dance can do. No matter what odds are against them, they never stop fighting and because of this, they have become incredibly strong. 100 years from now, Dancing For a Cause will still be standing and this time with a new generation to carry it through.

Photo Credit: Dancing For a Cause