Dallas Eating, Running List Part III

Dallas Eating, Running List Part III

Continuing on in Dallas Foodie Paradise

7
Dallas Eating, Running List Part III
Kyle Miller

We're midway through the list of all of the great (and not so great) restaurants that I went to while I was temporarily stationed down in Dallas, Texas. There was probably more than 50 restaurants that I went to while down in Texas, but I'm highlighting the heavy hitting restaurants that most hear about. Some of them are great, others good, and others simply not worth your time. Hope you're enjoying the list!

21. Cane Rosso (Pizza)

I was not really in the mood for pizza when I came here, but then I got one of their specials called the Hot Honey Bastard and got a freaky deaky Belgian triple beer along with the appetizer above. It was a really great pizza and the service was good. Definitely finished the pizza, and worth coming to.

22.Nick and Sam's Steakhouse (Steak)

Similar to most good steak places in Dallas, this one is worth going to. Good steak and good service.

23. Rise No.1 (Soufflés)

This place is great for a date night. A French-inspired little soufflé restaurant, and you can even buy its dishware and funky pieces of eating utensils. The soufflés are great and service is nice.

24. Maple & Motor (Hamburgers)

I honestly wasn’t too impressed with this little shindig. I mean I can throw down and eat a good greasy burger, but I didn’t think these were anything out of the ordinary.

25. Lucia (Italian)

You have to reserve this one a little in advance, and it always helps to be single for them to fit you in. The pasta is wonderful with good wine parings. Service is great and all around a great gem in Dallas.

26. Café Pacific (Seafood)

This was a fancy little restaurant in Highland Park. Definitely worth dressing up to come to this place. Food was a little on the pricey side and was pretty good.

27. Smoke (Meat/Steak)

This was the first restaurant I went to out here in Dallas, and I wasn't disappointed. Good appetizers and good steak. Would come back here again.

28. Old Warsaw (Steak)

I remember coming here around 6 o'clock and there was hardly anyone here, for obvious reasons. There was a piano player and it was an iconic steak restaurant. The service was good and the steak was wonderful. This was at the old location, so I'm hoping the new location has the same ambiance!

29. Stephan Pyles (New American)

I really was impressed by this restaurant. They had a fire going, which was a little strong I think, but I did like the atmosphere. The presentation, texture, and overall ambiance was great. This definitely warrants a trip.

30. Stampede 66 (Modern Texas)

I wasn't too impressed with the food here. A mediocre restaurant in my opinion. Although, I'll give them their margarita served up right in front of you using dry ice was a cool show! Worth going just for getting this drink.