I Highly Recommend Reading 'Daisy Jones & The Six' Before The Amazon Series Adaptation Drops

Everyone knows "Daisy Jones & The Six," but nobody knows the reason behind their split at the absolute height of their popularity… until now.

9
silhouette of man holding camcorder near woman singing on stage

Although a piece of fiction, "Daisy Jones & The Six" will have you researching this band to see if it's real because of how well-written it is. It starts off with a girl named Daisy who is coming of age in Los Angeles, California. Sneaking into clubs, sleeping with rock stars, and having a dream of singing, this fast-paced narrative is laced with drugs and alcohol and the love for rock 'n' roll. By the time she is twenty years old, she gets noticed for her beauty and stellar voice. At the same time, a band called The Six is getting noticed, led by brooding Billy Dunne. Daisy and Billy cross paths and realize that they can make legendary music together. The story is told by an oral history of all the band members showcasing the difficulty in finding out the truth through everyone's memory of the past.

This book was Reese's Book Club x Hello Sunshine pick for March 2019, and now, it will be adapted by Amazon into a limited series, produced by Reese Witherspoon (actress-turned-producer).

The role of Daisy Jones will be given to Riley Keough, an actual granddaughter of the "King of Rock and Roll" himself - Elvis Presley. She acted in "The Runaways," an all-female band in the '70s led by Cherie Currie and Joan Jett that are definitely worth a listen. Sam Claflin will play Billy Dune and Camila Morrone will play Camila Dune. The writers who wrote films that have over 80% Rotten Tomatoes scores and have a wonderful cast and storyline, Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber, will write the series. Niki Caro (director of the 2020 "Mulan" adaptation) will direct multiple episodes. With Witherspoon as the producer, Caro as the director, Keough and Claflin as the stars, and Neustadter and Weber as the writers, this mini-series creates a lot of excitement and great expectations. Reid includes lyrics to the songs from the band in the novel so the series will also include original music. So, give "Daisy Jones & The Six" a read and explore the nostalgic times of the '70s.

"Each character is compelling but Daisy Jones is the star. She's a blazing talent who is unapologetic in her sexuality and lives life on her own terms…. Like a poignant song with lyrics that speak to your soul, Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid will transport you to another place and time." – Associated Press