Her Daily Routine

Her Tuesday & Thursday Routine

Ever wonder how others viewed you? Here's a slight twist on my morning routine in a different perspective.

65
Her Tuesday & Thursday Routine
Steven Meister

Within seconds her dream vanished, and she lied awake to the sound of her loud, beeping alarm clock. It's 7:30 a.m. She liked to start her day off early with a sip of matcha tea, and a bite of avocado toast and eggs. While eating the most important meal of the day, she scrolled down her list of emails hoping to find responses from companies she applied too for a summer internship. She sighed and hopped on Instagram to find creative inspirations from many different influencers. Fashion, fitness, food, and art content was always an interest. With lectures and labs beginning at 9:35, she had plenty of time. No need to rush. Face washed. Teeth brushed. Hair combed. Light makeup to cover up her dark circles and finally, an outfit she'd like to call "casual cute" that was already picked out from the night before. This meant it was a sweater, leggings, and sneakers kind of day.

She opened the door ready to listen, learn, and participate.

Although the clouds covered the sky and the sun was nowhere to be found, she smiled with her AirPods in her ears because she realized that not everyone was given the opportunity to receive an education. She was thankful and appreciated every breath she took, as well as being alive and healthy. Fifteen minutes flew by as she contemplated what to eat for lunch. The Subway caught her attention, but Chinese sounded a bit better. After crossing the street and strutting through campus in her used to be white Adidas, it was 9:25 a.m. Quietly sitting in her "assigned" but not assigned seat she patiently waited for her professor to walk through the door. 9:35, class has begun. Excited to learn more about operational management, she listened and raised her hand when she had questions or answers. That was her goal this year. To participate, never skip class, and remain curious about different topics discussed and the world in general. Over an hour went by and it was time to sit in the lab and grind out some homework. Instead of napping and going home like previous years, procrastination was not an option and she needed to cross out some assignments off of her list.

The gym was calling her name after attending her last two classes on digital arts and another on excel. Tuesday was dedicated to upper body, cardio, and abs. This was her "me" time. The part of day she gets to relieve her stress and focus on her health physically and mentally.

The day was gradually slowing down by 6 p.m. Her stomach growled after a long day. Rice with veggies and chicken was usually a dinner meal. Delicious and filling.

Teeth brushed, face washed, showered. Time to prepare for the next day.

Finally, she sat back with the remote control in her hand, clicked on "The Office" and sit back with the roomies.

11:30 p.m. and it was time to call it a night.

Goodnight, world.