The Daily Routine Of A College Kid

The Daily Routine Of A College Kid

College is the most interesting time in our life. It's filled with tears, laughs, alcohol and carbs.
9421

As a college student, our days tend to look a little different than everyone else's. They're filled with stress, food, friends, low balance alerts, caffeine, an assortment of alcohol and constant mental breakdowns. There's just something about the nonsense that is college life that makes us all never want to leave. Here is what a day in the life the typical college student looks like:

Alarm Goes Off

Waits 30 minutes before actually getting out of bed. Because who can actually get up without the snooze button.

While laying in bed

Contemplates if going to your first class is really necessary. My professor gave a quiz two classes ago, so I doubt it will happen today.

Decides to be responsible

So, goes to school. Immediately regrets decision when you see the parking situation. So glad I pay $160 for a parking pass, yet there are never any spots available for me to actually park in.

Walks to class

It's either an Antarctic snowstorm or a Sahara desert heat wave. But you always feel productive when you see how many steps you've put in. Mostly because this is the only form of exercise you will get all week.

Get to class and pulls out computer

Opens up Microsoft Word, while simultaneously opening up to BuzzFeed. Yes, we are at the age that we should be paying attention to what the professor is saying, but that's much easier said than done.

Counts down minutes

In five-minute intervals of how much longer you have to sit in this chamber of torture that is class. I only have to be here for five more minutes five times. #IWillSurvive.

Finally leaves class

Immediately thinks about food. My stomach says sushi, my bank account says ramen.

Finally decides on McDonald's

Then tells self that you will definitely go to the gym later. Be honest, this rarely ever happens, but it's the thought that counts, right?!

Told boss I was coming in today

But I'm starting to have serious regrets. I have come down with a serious case of "I can't even" today.

Goes to work and falls asleep

Sitting straight up, and there are no words to explain. We have all been there.

Quitting time

It finally gets here, and you go home to be faced with the toughest decision yet, to nap or Netflix. Because lets be honest, socializing is out of the question at this point.

Netflix it is

But of course, it comes with a built-in nap. We all have that show that's our "napping show" that we've already seen but the background noise is soothing.

Finally opens textbook

Has a mental breakdown, cries for three hours, gets nothing done and goes back to sleep. The most accurate college description I can think of.

College is the most interesting time in our life. It's filled with tears, laughs, alcohol and carbs. Just remember that nobody expects you to get through it without your friends, family and Taco Bell.