I'm Not Affected By DACA But My Heart Is Breaking For The Dreamers

Everyone deserves the right to remain in their home.
75

On Tuesday, President Trump announced that he will be revoking The DACA Program (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) established by Obama in 2012. This policy allows children of undocumented immigrants to remain in the United States by applying for a renewable two-year visa. This allows them to go to school, have employment, and saves them from deportation.

There are over 800,000 young undocumented minors living in the country right now and are employed, going to college, raising families, paying taxes and serving in the military. The big question is does this mean that these children will be deported if Congress approves this go into effect? This means over we've already seen Trump and the Let Girls Learn Program and Planned Parenthood.

Our country is moving so far back right now. If this goes through Congress, these kids will be deported from the country they have ever known as their home.

I'm not affected by DACA by my heart is broken to watch my fellow Americans who were brought here as young children who had no choice in the matter, have been law abiding citizens for their entire lives, being sent away and separated by their families.

This "new government" keeps saying it's about jobs but what is this really about? As the child of immigrant parents, this struck a nerve with me.

The dreamers have done nothing but fulfill the dreams and hopes that their parents have prayed for when they came to this country. They don't get special treatment. They work the same amount of work and put in the same amount time like the rest of us. My own classmates that I see every day may not get to graduate because they are being forced to leave.

We have all earned these rights and the dreamers have the right to stay in the place they call home.