The Cycle Of Moving Back To School

The Cycle Of Moving Back To School

It's time to pack up everything and head back to school.

11
The Cycle Of Moving Back To School
editions.lib.umn.edu

So it's the month of August and you realize just how fast summer flew by. It's exciting and sad, as you say goodbye to friends, family and those who don't come to school with you. You get to see the friends you haven't seen in months once again. So, now it's time to pack up everything and head back to school. Here is what to do:

First, it takes the motivation to get it together and pack everything up.

The whole summer may have been filled with jobs, internships and running around with friends, but now its the time to set aside time to pack up and move back to school. It will take longer than you think, so be patient and set aside more than one day.

Secondly, you have to go to the place you had put your suitcases or bins and make them clean again to take them to school.

These bins and suitcases have been sitting all summer either in your hot attic or cold dark basement. Clean them off before packing to have a fresh new start to the school year.

You go through your closet and decide that you need new clothes because this is a new year.

There may have been some shopping sprees or impulsive buys this summer at your favorite store. You may not actually need new clothes. As you pack them, you might realize you have too much clothes. Take everything you think you may need for the weather that is ahead. Summer and fall clothes are all you need.

Now all you have to do is pack everything in bins and suitcases then into your car.

Like I said before, you may realize as you are packing that you have too much stuff to pack. Therefore, if you are sitting on your suitcase or bin to close it shut, you are not packing right. You can downsize and fit everything. It is possible. Moving in with the least amount of bins and suitcases will make moving in to your apartment or dorm so much easier.

Only one last step in this cycle, saying goodbye to your parents as you drive off ready to be back with your friends.

Goodbyes do not get any easier as you grow up. Remember to thank your parent(s) for all that they do for you and support you as you continue your education. You'll see them soon!

Congrats! You have completed the cycle of moving back to school. Now, it's the fun part to catch up with everyone you've missed. Make this year the best one yet. Laugh with your friends and reach out to others. Everyone needs a friend in college because we are all in the same boat (If you go to Shippensburg, I tried to make a pun joke).

Have a great year!