With A Patchwork of Updates, Here's A Full Rundown On 'Cyberpunk 2077's' January Patch 1.11

The arrival of the game stabilizing patches is here... kind of... there's been some backtracking as of late!

23

The Cyberpunk fallout has yet to clear up.

Since its controversial launch back on December 10 of last year, "Cyberpunk 2077" faced an onslaught of disgruntled players, outrage, refunds, Sony Interactive Entertainment's (SIE) wrath, and just about everything you could imagine for such a long-awaited game that fell short of the marker. Though not completely missing the mark, "Cyberpunk 2077's" largest issues were the compatibility issues when running the game on old-gen consoles apart from the PlayStation 4 Pro and the Xbox One X—two consoles that fare pretty well with the game's graphics, resolution, and overall performance needs. "Cyberpunk 2077," however, fares less then preferable on base PlayStations and Xboxs, and the age of any player's respective consoles weighs greatly on the futuristic, sci-fi dystopian game's playability.

SIE pulled the game from its online storefront for the foreseeable future, and refunds were issued to those that bought both physical and digital editions of the game. To add on to the fire growing beneath CD Projekt Red, investors of the game filed a lawsuit against the Polish developers citing shoddy workmanship and a controversial launch before the New Year. Essentially, investors want their return on the game they never received due to the overwhelming issues. Nonetheless, since the beginning, "Cyberpunk 2077" developers CD Projekt Red vowed to fully stabilize the game, launching a host of small fixes since the day-one patches, and promising two full-fledged patches in both January and February of the new year. Now, has CD Projekt Red kept to their promise?

There's issues with Patch 1.11 and the constant need to backtrack.

On January 22, CD Projekt Red launched their first major patch for "Cyberpunk 2077," citing stability improvements and asserting that "we will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time, we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience." Since the complaints over the game performance hurled themselves onto the laps of the Polish developers, smaller patches released to little to no serious improvement for the game on its various platforms—aside from the next-gen PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. Upon 1.1's release, the patch improved aspects such as memory usage, crash fixes on loading saves, quest/open world fixes, and some with the game's user interface (mostly upon the conclusion of braindances.)

In rather Cd Projekt Red's new fashion, less then a week after patch 1.1's release, patch 1.11 was released as a hotfix for fixes that ultimately causes main storyline quest to go awry in "Cyberpunk 2077." Patch 1.11 target the quested titled "Down on the Street" where players' ability for dialogue options with character Takemura on a holocall were nonexistent along with blocked interactions with other non-playable characters (NPC). Patch 1.11 ameliorates this as well as a save/load loot exploit. All-in-all, there were not completely thorough in their patch, and so patch 1.11 serves as a backtrack to the fixes of Patch1.11. with that, we've listed some of the major bug and performance fixes that have come with both the major update and the hotfix.

The updates are summarized below:

Patch 1.1:

• Memory usage improvements in various systems with characters, interactions, laser effects street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
  • Various crash fixes
  • Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
  • Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
  • Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
  • Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
  • Removed an invalid item from loot.
  • Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
  • Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.
  • Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
  • Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.
  • Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.
  • It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game.
  • Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.
  • Item randomization has been restored to the previous state.
  • The save/load loot exploit will be investigated further.
  • A bug in Down on the Street quest has been fixed.